Memories 3: Romano

A/N
This chapter goes through Romano's emotions while Spain was gone completely... so if you think the story is going too slow please tell me and I will go just a tad bit faster in time... Enjoy!

--------

The soft pitter patter of rain hitting the window soothed me into a state of complete serenity. I knew it wouldn't last long though. My thoughts would always interrupt my short moments of happiness. I looked at my reflection in the wall mirror across from me.

I still can't believe that I'm fully grown by now, my legs longer, shoulders broader, hair longer, curl curlier, eyes looking greener than they did before, and my clothes and foot size changed! I don't wear that frilly dress anymore and my feet are now size 11's. My body has improved significantly since I was put to Austria. Austria is all about improving! It's quite fucking annoying, but I tolerate it.

There had been time after time that I had tried leaving Austria to go back to Spain, but Austria would always apear out of the blue and tell me that Spain's at war and that he cannot be bothered. I would deny the fact that he was at war and cry all the way home.

A tear falls down my cheek as I think about Spain coming home with cuts and bruises from his perilous war with Britain, and how no one will be there to take care of his wounds when he returns.

Spain, you bastard, why, why did you leave me with this piano bastard!?

I hear a knock on the door to my room. I turn my head to the door and see a shadow of a man in the doorway. My eyes widen with surprise as I see a uniform similar to Spain's.

"Sp-Spain?" I stumble out of my chair and break out in a run towards the shadow.

As I got closer the clothes on the shadow changed to Austria's clothes. I skidded to a hault, almost bumping into him.

"What do you want you piano idiot!?" I said leaning on the door frame trying to act cool. I can't believe I thought Austria was Spain.

"I came here to bring you breakfast... but I can see you're busy sulking." He turned to walk away but I grabbed his coat in time to stop him. "That's what I thought." He then walked in the room with the tray filled with food. He was placing them on my side table as he spoke. "Why haven't you been eating lately?" He asked filling my cup with orange juice.

"I'm just not hungry damn it! I don't have to give you a reason!" I said as stubbornly as possible. Austria slammed the tray to the ground and stomped towards me.

His face was so close our noses touched, and I was too afraid to pull away. "Your well being is more important to me than your feelings right now, so shut up and eat your food like you're told." Austria pulled away straightening his collar before walking towards the door.

"A-Austria?" I ask looking at the ground. "Can you please tell me why Spain gave me up?" I fiddled with my fingers as I look back at the window.

He sighed. "Maybe some other time, when you're ready to handle it." Austria left with the sound of the large doors slamming shut behind him.

"Damn it!" I yelled, punching the wall until my knuckles turned red. I broke down in tears as I looked at my knuckles in anger.

Why, why did Spain leave me? Is it because he finally got fratello and just needed to get rid of me?

"NO!" I cried out loud before walking over to my bed. I fell down on the bed face first, burrowing my face in the pillow. Turning my head to the side to see my bed side table, I see tomatos lined up to say "Roma." Oh Spain.

>>>>>>>

Memory of Spain

I jump out of bed as I race to the door to greet Spain.