Hunting

Margret—-15
Dean—-14
Sam—-10

The Winchester's and Singer's rarely went on hunts all together

The Winchester's and Singer's rarely went on hunts all together. It was just John and Bobby, and occasionally Dean or Margret. But the adults, (mostly John) felt it was needed to bring all the children. It was a, "learning opportunity" he called it.

Bobby wasn't happy about it, but he kept his mouth shut about it. He knew Margret could handle herself.

The case had been tiresome. Everyone was on edge because they hadn't caught what they were hunting yet. It had already killed two more people in the small town they were in.

But after lots of more research, and a few more arguments, they had eventually found out what it was. As they loaded their weapons, John had assigned Dean to watch over Sam, (like he wasn't already going to do that.) Bobby had told Margaret to keep an eye on both of them, he had trust that she was able to watch out for herself.

Once that was all said and done, they went in separate cars and headed off to the location where their hideout was.

When they got there, they went their separate ways, Margret took the back with her knife in hand. She was skilled with a knife. It was one of her Preferred weapons of choice. She also was really good at combat. 

As she walked across the grassy area, she kept her eyes and ears open. Her footsteps were quiet as she made her way. Her breathing was calm.

While she walked, she looked down at the ground once she noticed a small glow. Using her knife, she used the tip of the blade to pick it up and inspect the goo.

"Margret!"

Her head shot up and her body turned at the sound of her name being called from across the field. She looked and noticed as Sam was face to Face with the monster. Her eyes widened. Taking off into a sprint, Margret made her way quickly over to where Sam was, trapped.

She used her knife and tried to stab the thing, but it was quick with its movements and dodged it. Sam was let free, but now Margret was cornered.
She lifted her leg and tried to kick at it, it swiftly dodged her and ruffly grabbed her ankle. With her free hand, she was able to get an opening and stabbed it in the head; but that didn't seem to work. The only option left was to shoot it in the heart.

Margret cursed as it threw her to the ground. She landed with a thud and actually thanked it for not twisting her ankle in the process.
Sam watched with wide eyes as she tried to get up and went for it again.

She was stopped by the thing swatting at her, it's claws pierced her stomach and she groaned in pain just as a shot rang out in the air.

"Margret!" Her name was called out again.
The girl held her stomach as she tried to sit up. The monster disappeared right before her eyes as it was shot dead. Hands grabbed her shoulders. Her vision was blurry as she tried to focus on what was going on. She was about to pass out from the pain.

"Margret, hold on okay? We gonna lift ya to the car. Just hold on." Her father. That was her dad's voice. "Dad?" She called out, her voice slurred. She could hear John, he was yelling something. She couldn't quite hear.
She watched with hazy eyes as Dean looked between his father and his hurt friend.

"If you had been watching Sammy, this would't have happened. You got distracted , then Sam was out of sight, and Margret got hurt because of it."

"John, now's not the time. We gotta get her back to the room so I can patch her up. Ya hear me?"

Margret heard a grunt and then just as her eyes began to close, she felt herself being lifted and brought over to the truck. The door shut and Bobby started the car and drove to the motel.

🐝🐝🐝

After being patched up, the adults had left the children to go to the bar. The long night and accident took a toll on them and they needed a break. Bobby only left after he was sure Margaret was okay. He was reluctant to leave, but John was able to pull him away.

While Margaret sat in one of the beds, Sam slept in the other as Dean sat on the small couch. The tv on playing some old western movie. The girl noticed how distant he seemed to be since they got back. He was quiet, and only really half listened to what anyone told him.

Sighing, Margaret straightened herself upwards and tried to get into a comfy position. One that didn't make her stomach hurt. As she did so, she made sounds of annoyance when she couldn't.

       "Are you okay?"

Margaret looked over to Dean, his eyes looking back at hers. She nodded and patted the empty spot beside her. Dean hesitated, but got up. He walked to the other bed and grabbed a pillow Sam wasn't using and handed it to her. She smiled at him and put it behind her back, slowly and carefully.

   "I'm okay." She says then. The room was quiet, only the sound of the tv played.

    "It's not you're fault, you know?"

Dean looked over to her, a brow raised.
"What?"

     "I got hurt. But it wasn't your fault. I went for it without backup. I should've waited. Moved Sam out of the way and then called for either of our Dad's." She said, her words quiet so she didn't wake a sleeping Sam.

Dean shook his head at her. "I should've kept my eyes on Sam, though. Then you wouldn't have rushed to get him out of the way. If I had been there..."

"Then you would probably be hurt. It's not your fault, Dean." She said. Her hand placed onto his shoulder.

The two sat in silence. The movie playing credits. Margaret's mind was racing. She was in pain, but all she could think about was the way Dean looked at her. The sadness behind the green eyes that usually were filled with happiness when he looked into her own.

Dean was thinking too. About different things. He was thinking about how he should've been there to protect Sam. He was thinking because he wasn't, his best friend got hurt. And he got a good lecture from his father about it. He was thinking about how much things would change if he decided to tell Margaret about how much he liked her.

   "Dean?" 

The boy blinked back into reality and looked over to the girl in front of him. "Yeah?"

  "Could you get me some water?"

Dean mutely nodded and walked over to the sink and grabbed a cup and filled it with the tap water. He walked over and handed it to her. She quietly thanked him and downed the glass.

"I'm gonna head to bed now. Will you be okay?"

"Yeah. I'll be okay, Margo. Get some sleep."

She smiled at him and Sank down under the covers and slowly turned onto her side. It wasn't until he head her soft snores did Dean walk over to the other bed and crawl in beside Sam and close his tired eyes.

🐝🐝