«9 - Despicable Humans»

Start from the beginning

"What's with that face? If you're not happy with that, feel free to go back to Shibuya." Blondie scorns as my face rests from being scrunched up.

"Who says we're not happy? As long as we get to kill vampires, I won't complain." Yuu says, stepping up for me.

This is like that time all over again... I have to tell Yuu at some point...

"One more thing." I start, "If all seven vampires are awake and armed, we won't stand a chance. So we'll... run."
"What?!"

"How did I know you'd react like this." I sigh.
"I-I'm not that predictable... am I?"

"If we all were able to wield our cursed gear appropriately, we would stand a chance. But Shinoa would rather destroy the enemy without getting anyone injured." I explain.

"That's means no independent action." Shinoa says, facing Yuu and I.
"I won't! A flawless victory... sounds just great!" Yuu smiles.

"Then let's get going! Stay in formation, protect one another, and don't get separated from the rest of the team. Got it?" Shinoa smiles, reaching her hands out as we all agree.

"Then let's destroy those vampires!"

We walk down the stairs leading inside the station although... it's not what we expected...

"What is this...?" Kimizuki mutters, wide-eyed.

There aren't just children, but also adults scattered in the station with miserable looks on their faces...

"Uwah, so many people..." Yoichi comments.
"What the hell's going on here? Why don't they try to run away while the vampires aren't around?" Kimizuki asks.

I look to Yuu and see him looking at the people's clothes... The clothes of livestock.

"Pay them no heed! Let's move on! Let's head for floor B3, where the vampires are stationed, at once!"

We get to floor B3 and are greeted by the sight of several dozen kids, void of expression...

We'll definitely save them...!

Wait. This feeling...

"Vampire!" I yell as a vampire comes around the corner.
"Get ready to attack!" Blondie yells.

I draw my Katanas and wait for Blondie's signal to fight,
"Let's kill him before he can call his friends!"

I charge in, and as Yuu has the same idea, we attack the vampire, stabbing it through the chest.

"Gaah! You damned livestock-"
"Hah! How does it feel to be killed by a damned livestock like us, monsters? Get out of my sight!" Yuu laughs, as we both activate the curse.

"You idiots! I told you not to take action!" Blondie yells as she raises her hand to Yuu, but I grab it before she can bring it down.

"We didn't. The enemy was unarmed and we both waited for your order before drawing our cursed gear. Can you please trust us?" I justify.

There's another vampire...

I pull Blondie closer to me as the vampire swings his sword. I go to block it, but Yuu beats me to it.