Chapter 5 | Party PT.1

P a r t y   PT.1    ~    C H A P T E R   F I V E
______________________
I V O R Y ' S   POV

Although Lucius didn't want too, the King had requested him to send Ivory back to the castle in last minute preparations for the party. The party where she would be forced to meet possible suitors.

Lucius was not blind to the obvious love that Draco and Ivory had for each other. Everyone had seen the connection between the two of them since they were young.

Draco and Ivory were soulmates.

Before Ivory had left the house, Draco had pulled her into one last hug, mumbling something into her ear that Lucius could not make out. Whatever Draco had said caused Ivory to nod and smile, raising her pinky with Draco and locking it together.

It was something that they had done since they were little.

Ivory made her way back to the castle, gently greeting the guards as they opened the main doors for her. Only being able to take a few steps into her home, Ivory's mother ran as fast as she could in her tall heals and pulled Ivory into a tight hug.

"I wish it didn't have to be this way."

The Queen had mumbled into the princess's hair, squeezing her tightly to her body. The Queen took a step back and looked at Ivory for a moment longer before grabbing her hand and leading her through the walls.

The usual empty halls were now filled with plenty of workers as they decorated the castle for tonight's party. Although Ivory's birthday wasn't until tomorrow, the party was planned to be a day before.

Ivory had courage'd up a smile to each and every person that she passed, as her mom directed her into a room with the familiar tailor that Ivory had met just a month ago. Olivia, the tailor, had been messing with a few dresses that were laid out as Ivory and her mother made their way over to her.

As soon as Olivia had noticed their presence, she quickly bowed down to the Queen and Princess. Ivory's mother swished her hand in the air, insisting that Olivia doesn't need to greet them in such a formal way.

Olivia immediately obliged to her words and glanced at Ivory and the dresses. Olivia had pretended not to notice Ivory's eyes staring at the lilac dress in an admiringly way.

"Hmmm, how about this one?"

Olivia spoke in a teasing voice, causing Ivory's soft smile to grow wider. The Queen smiled approvingly at the lilac dress as Olivia it held up against the young princess's body.

"Let us get her ready then."

. . .
T h e P a r t y
. . .

Ivory nervously made her ways through the crowd, trying her best to avoid the gazes of the prince's as she would walk by them. The only eyes that Ivory wanted to look into were Draco's.

She knew he had to be close by.

Ivory's eyes scanned the crowd looking for the familiar blonde, finally spotting him near the drink table. Of course, Ivory thought to herself, beginning to make her way to her favorite person.

Before Ivory could reach her friend, a brunette boy had cut her off and grabbed her arm gently. Much to Ivory's distaste, the prince had picked up her hand and kissed it gently. Ivory felt the need to wipe her hand almost immediately.

"Prince Nicholas Green"

The prince introduced himself to the annoyed princess.

"I suppose you already know who I am?"

Ivory greeted back roughly, hoping the prince would take a hint that she was not interested. Although Nicholas had realized what she was trying to do, he decided that continuing the unwanted conversation would be better,

"Let's continue this conversation while we dance."

______________________
P a r t y   PT.1    ~    C H A P T E R   F I V E