"(Y/n), I don't think I am the right person to be able to tell you that."

"Then who? I overheard you that night when Professor Snape gave you the wolfsbane."

"Wolfsbane?" He asked in calming manner.

"I know you're a werewolf. I've spent the last month doing research to understand why I feel like your words that night was right. Why I might actually be a Potter and why I've been having these nightmares that keep telling me I am not who I think I am," she said breathless as she let out what she had been doing with Wren and Fred the last month. "Your name is Remus John Lupin, and you grew up in cottage in Yorkshire where you were attacked by a werewolf named Greyback."

"That it not public knowledge," he stated putting his quill down and standing up. "There is no way you would know that."

"I have my ways," she said lightly. There was no way she was going to tell him that one night they borrowed Harry's invisibility cloak and broke into the school records to try and find information.

"You must think lowly of me then. A professor who is a werewolf teaching to a bunch of kids. I am a monster after all."

A small frown broke on (y/n)'s face as she stepped forward. "Don't be ridiculous. You are no monster. If I'm being quite honest you're the best DADA teacher I've ever had. You're always helping everyone and beyond anything you're caring. If that's your definition of a monster then fine you are but know that I do not think any less of you because of your condition. If anything, I have mad respect for you."

A smile formed on Professor Lupin's face as he listened to her words. They were damn near the same thing Amelia had told him all those years ago when she found out. "Amelia had said the same thing to me when she found out," he said sighing. "I miss her every day. She was my best friend- I told her everything, well everything but that- and when she found out I was scared that I had lost someone so close to me. Instead, she laughed- she was carefree like that and told me I wasn't a monster. I'm not the person that can tell you if you are related to her, because I myself do not know."

"But I resemble her?"

"You're a spitting image of her. It's quite uncanny. Here I think I have a picture somewhere," he said moving towards his suitcase and digging around before pulling out a single photo. There were four teenage boys and right in the middle was a young girl. The photo showed them all smiling and then the shorter boy sneezes and the group breaking into laughter. It was uncanny how much she resembled Amelia. It was like she was looking at a picture of herself.

"Who are all these people?" She asked pointing to the picture.

Lupin smiled down at the girl as he looked down at the picture. "Well, that's Amelia of course. I'm right here on her end as well as Peter Pettigrew on her other side. Then you have James Potter on the right at the end, and uhh well that's Sirius Black on the left."

"You were friends with Sirius Black?" She asked generally interested as this was all new to her.

"We all were best friends, but I guess you truly don't know a person. You can keep the picture if you want. I have another back at home."

"How will I know if she's my mom?" (Y/n) asked. The words feeling foreign on her tongue. "It sounds weird saying for Mary and John Carter have always been my parents- but I've been thinking. They day that they died I was only a child, but I remember it. It happened right in front of me. They were murdered by dark wizards weren't they?" She asked, a small tear forming in her eyes. She had never told anyone what had happened before in detail. Not even the twins knew exactly what happened, but (y/n) remembered everything. She remembered the green light and the screams that came after- and the guilt that she was responsible. 

Professor Lupin looked down at the girl-pity filling his stomach as he reached out and put a hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry (y/n), truly. I think the only one who knows the answers if this is true would be the person who put you in their care if you truly are the daughter of Amelia."

"And who would that have been?"

"Dumbledore himself- (y/n) wait!" He called out as she tried to escape through the door. "Listen to me okay, if you really are Amelia's daughter there are things you don't know yet things I cannot tell you just yet but you should be careful especially with Sirius Black on the loose."

"What does Sirius Black have to do with me?"

"I'm sorry (y/n) I can't be the one to tell you."

(Y/n) nodded not completely understanding as she walked away and headed towards the headmasters office. It was time she got answers. 

A/N: Sorry for this short chapter it's just a filler to get ready for Chapter 28. Also, s/o to @idontneedaname3000, and your detective work. Honestly your comments make my day & your questions will be answered on Sunday. Just know it's not what you think. Have a good day everyone! xoxo uglydiaries