16

[W i n]

My mouth shut and my throat suddenly went dry when our eyes met.

The room fell silent when P'Bai started to gait towards my direction.

Every step he took was painstakingly making my heart hammer in my chest.

I looked away.

My eyes darted to my three loyal friends who stood awkwardly in the doorway.

"You little piece of..." I muttered a curse under my breath.

"You know what...? I think im outta here" P'Ice suddenly ran away taking Newwie, Gun, and Kana with her.

"I suddenly remembered I still have something to do. Excuse me" P'Ming suddenly blurted out when I looked at her for help.

"Come on Mom...Dad" P'Ming ushered my parents out of the room.

The hospital staff looked at the both of us before excusing theirselves, too.

"I still have my rounds, gotta go!" Doctor Film suddenly laughed at my discomfort.

"No! Wait! Doc Film!" But she had already exited the room along the other medical staff.

I was left alone...with him.

I haven't seen him for the past weeks, this is so awkward for me.

'traitors!' I cursed my friends and my sisters in my mind.

They left me to deal with this situation, alone.

How can I possibly do that?!

"Uh...hi?" I tried my very best not to stutter.

"What the hell is this Win Metawin?! Why the fuck are you here? I thought you went on a vacation with your family??"

He is furious.

I knew P'Bai has quite the temper but it's the first time he's angry at me.

What did I do though? He's the one who have some score to settle with me!

"Well, as you can see... This isn't completely 'the vacation'"

I quoted in the air. Trying to put some humor in my statement.

"How long have you been here?" His voice was audible.

I saw haw he balled his fist trying to calm himself down.

He looked like he's about to lash out any moment now. And

I don't know how to deal with his fury...

"Probably 2 weeks? I dunno. I lost track of time" I answered honestly.

His chiseled jaw clenched and I accidentally bit my lower lip in fear.

"And you didn't even bothered telling me? I'm your fucking best friend!!" His voice boomed over the 4 corners of the room.

I breath hitched and I immediately closed my eyes.

I suddenly don't want to look at him right at this very moment.

He's scaring the hell out of me! :(

"I... texted you, you know? That was the first thing I ever did the moment I've woken up in this place" I gently stated.

"When I got no response from you. I tried calling you, but it was always unattended..." I continued.

"So I asked Kana to relay my message to you but he said you were...preoccupied with Gigie and all so I...uh...I don't want to add up to your responsibility, I guess" I heaved a deep sigh.

My hands were fumbling on the soft sheet that was draped to cover my body.

"Win, I---" I cut him off.

"I was mad at you. Because you weren't here when I need you. But I've given it a lot of thought, and I made peace with the fact that someone needs you more than I do" I smiled bitterly.

"I have my parents. My sisters. My friends. But all Gigie have is you. I dont want to take you away from her so I..." I trailed off.

"So you hid everything from me?" He sounded hurt.

I feel bad for him. As my best friend, he ought to know.

But I kept him in the dark...

And he has all the reason in the world to hate me.

It's fine.

All of this was my fault anyway.

"Win, I'm your best friend. I deserve to know..." He said in a pained voice.

"With all the things that's been going on...I don't think we can still be best friends, Bright" I gave him a sad smile.

He stood there frozen.

Looking so lost and sad...and...

Broken.

That's what we are.

We're broken.

"I'm actually leaving" I announced after a long moment of silence.

"When?" He asked, ever so tiredly.

"Tommorow" I reached for his hand and gave it a light squeeze.

"Are you... coming back?" His voice broke.

"I don't know" I said ever so softly.

His grip on my hand tightened.

"Im sorry..." He blurted out all of a sudden.

I quickly scanned him. He was seated in a chair next to my bed.

One of his arms was flopped in the sides of my bed where he was resting his cheeks while the other was stretched to hold mine.

"It's fine" I smiled. A half hearted smile.