A guide to never giving up

Start from the beginning

"With all due respect Hokage-sama, I don't understand how you have already gathered intel and sent ninja hounds to search for Naruto but this mission wasn't called a week ago" Tsunade gritted her teeth.

"Unfortunately" She paused before continuing trying desperately to calm herself "There were some in the higher-ups that. WISHED" She emphasized "to postpone this rescue mission because they believed it was wiser to wait for higher-skilled ninja from the ANBU Black ops, specifically the Foundation to arrive back from their present missions. However, the ANBU foundation team were scheduled to arrive back to Konoha in a month's time" Tsunade continued.

"That's ridiculous! How could they expect us to wait a month to see if Naruto is even alive?!" Kiba screamed.

"Were Jounins not enough? Even chunins?" Kiba added furiously. Neji then answered saying that the village had just experienced an outside attack and it made sense that maybe all the Jounins and Chunins were outside the village patrolling making sure other nations wouldn't invade.

"It is possible they could not spare the manpower to assign a rescue mission that would take some time to accomplish" Kiba gritted his teeth in anger with Akamaru growling lowly. Tsunade looked intently at Neji, sighed, and nodded her head in agreement.

"But how can we go now? Did they finally agree?" Choji asked stuffing his mouth with potato chips. Tsunade averted her eyes quickly trying to find an excuse but Shikamaru already knew the answer.

"It hasn't been approved has it?" Shikamaru said lazily. Tsunade raised her arm into the air.

"WE CANNOT WAIT ANY FURTHER!" She slammed her fist down on her desk causing it to split in half, scaring everyone in the room "Naruto could be anywhere right now and no one except me is doing anything! He could be dead for all we know and all we have been doing is performing our daily tasks for the past week!" She had now calmed down a little more and stopped yelling.

"We are just lucky that Shikamaru came into my office the very minute I received the intel from the ninja hounds. We saved precious time because of that." Hinata nervously raised her hand and continued to speak.

"Y-You said we were going to face powerful enemies. D-d you know any of the enemies that could help us with plans of attack?" Kiba was surprised to hear Hinata speak up, she usually stayed quiet during these conversations keeping her thoughts to herself.

"To put it simply, you have a high chance of facing a previous Akatsuki member due to the location and...possibly Naruto himself." Everyone was a little taken aback by these words. Naruto? Fight? Them? Why on earth would he want to possibly fight them? Shikamaru read behind the lines of Tsunade's words and sweatdropped, he was very much aware of why Naruto might possibly fight back except he really wished it wouldn't turn out that way.

"We better get going then" Everyone turned towards Shikamaru "We are wasting daylight, Naruto is a precious friend and a member of the hidden leaf. We will save him no matter what." Hinata looked down gathering her strength until she looked back up with a confident aura around her that everyone in the room could feel. 

"I-I used to always cry and give up... I made many wrong turns... But Naruto - Naruto helped me find the right path. So I will also make sure that we save him no matter what!" Tsunade was proud of the Hyuuga child standing before her, she had finally gained the strength to stand up and protect the ones she cared for. Tsunade smiled before finally giving her last orders to the team.

"Team Shikamaru! Your mission is to find Uzumaki Naruto and return him safely home! You have 15 minutes to gather all essentials and rendezvous at the main gates. Now go!"

"Hai!" The genins said in unison before disappearing. Leaving Tsunade to sit back in her chair and swivel around to look at the village in a golden sunset glow.

If only you could see your friends right now. You've changed them, they would give their life for you.

So you better be alive...

I. AM. SO. SORRY. This was a loooonng chapter to write but I finally completed it! I understand it's very late but the main thing is that I'm on time! (kinda)

I hope you enjoy reading this and clears a few confusions from the last chapter (since it definitely did for me. HA I read the last chapter and I was like wait.......why the hell didn't they notice and I had to figure that part out and also make sure it made sense)

Please let me know how I am doing so far in the comments and thank you for reading! (QUOTE TIME!!!)

"Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think,

not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. 

Just breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best.