Love Talk

It was a normal day in the Nishikata household, with Chi, Nishikata, and the former Takagi san all sitting in the lounge watching TV or on their phones or something similar. Takagi broke the air of wildness with a phrase that froze Nishikata for a good minute, as he had flashbacks to the thousands of times he had heard it before.

I think I'm going to start using Takagi and Nishikata even though they're married, I just prefer it.

TAKAGI: "Do you want to have a match?"

NISHIKATA: (That's strange, I haven't heard her actually ask for a while, she normally just starts right away with the challenge) "Sure. Have you got a challenge in mind?"

TAKAGI: "Well, I thought you could guess who I saw in the mall today."

NISHIKATA: "That could be anyone!"

TAKAGI: "I'll give you a clue, it was one of our old classmates from Tanabe Sensei's class."

NISHIKATA: "Okay, well..." (Let's think about this. It couldn't be Sumire, because they meant up too often for it to be a 'guess who I bumped into' kind of situation. We both spoke to Yukari and Mina at the wedding but i could be like, 'oh, i bumped into Yukari and her husband'... Argh . this is getting me nowhere) "Could you narrow it down more?"

TAKAGI: "Nope. Are you going to give up?"

NISHIKATA: "Will you tell Chi if I do?"

TAKAGI: "Depends."

NISHIKATA: "On what?"

TAKAGI: "That depends as well."

NISHIKATA: "Fine I give in."

TAKAGI: "I win. It was Sanae by the way."

NISHIKATA: "I thought Sanae moved."

TAKAGI: "She did, but she said she moved back recently."

CHI: "Wait, was Sanae, the woman who I met at the park a couple years back."

TAKAGI: "Yep."

CHI: "And that boy... Oh sh-"

NISHIKATA: "Chi!"

CHI: "-oot. Do you think I'd swear in front of you and dad?"

TAKAGI: "In front of us?"

CHI: "I mean 'do you think I'd swear' full stop."

TAKAGI: *laughs* "So, what does anyone want for lunch?"

CHI & NISHIKATA: "Something with chicken in it!"

TAKAGI: *chuckles* "You really are family."

Takagi went into the kitchen and began cooking. Nishikata said to Chi,

NISHIKATA: "So, who's 'that boy'?"

CHI: "The kid who sits next to me in class."

NISHIKATA: "Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........."

CHI: "Anyways I gotta go bye!" *leaves*

Takagi walks out of the kitchen and says,

TAKAGI: "Left already?"

NISHIKATA: "Yep."

TAKAGI: "Well, what should we do?"

NISHIKATA: "Well there's this new TV-"

TAKAGI: *pokes his side*

NISHIKATA: "Ah!" (This is going to be a long day)

// Meanwhile with Chi //