"I need to be with everyone else. I need to fight with you all. I will not hide in the dungeons waiting for you all to sacrifice yourselves!" I fight back. I will not be alone with Pansy just hearing the battle above me.

Dean edges closer to me, "Olivia, we need you to do this." Dean's eyes lower, "I need you to be safe or I won't even be able to fight."

I roll my eyes but agree. I turn my head to Pansy as she stands alone looking at our conversation.

"No offense but hopefully this place gets destroyed because it could really use some work." She says looking around the common room with disgusted eyes.

I turn my attention back to my friends, "You have to be joking.." They all shrug and wave me off.

"Wait!" I yell at them. I pull them close to me so they can hear. "Please be safe." They all nod, then I direct my attention to Dean. "Please don't get killed." My voice is low as I look into his eyes.

"Oliv-"

"No Dean, I'm serious." Tears fill my eyes as I continue, "You cannot get killed. I-I," My voice starts to break as I speak.

"Shhh shhh.." Dean pulls me into his body.. His arms wrap around my neck as he tries to comfort my emotions. "I'm not going anywhere Olivia."

I look up at him trying to memorize every detail on his face, just in case. "Forever?" I whisper.

"Forever." He gives me a small smile and I nod. He pulls away from my body giving me one last look before exiting the common room. The moment his touch left mine I felt a sudden coldness to my skin.

Before Ginny exits she paces towards me pulling me in slightly, "Liv?"

I look at her, "Yes?"

Her face becomes red and I can see her swallow with discomfort as her eyes move from Pansy to me, "Have you by chance seen, um..." she lowers her voice to a whisper, "Theo Nott?"

My mouth parts slightly, "I haven't, is everything alright?"

She shakes her head violently, "Yes! No worries, just curious is all." She pulls a fake smile, "Stay safe." She says before taking me hand and giving it a squeeze.

I look up and remember that I am now stuck with Pansy. 

"Don't look at me for a hug." Her tone sassy as she rolls her eyes. I let out a deep sign and motioned her to follow me.

We leave the common room and start running down to the dungeons. I look up and see the paintings racing around as frantic as everyone else. Pansy trails behind me as we quickly move down the never ending staircases.

As we near the dungeons I can hear students yelling. I turn to Pansy in confusion of the noise. She doesn't even glance at me as she continues towards the sound. I follow behind her annoyed.

We walk up to see all the Slytherin students locked inside the dungeons yelling out for someone to release them. They all see us and get louder screaming "Let us out!" or "Get Potter".

"Fuck, shut up! You all are giving me a fucking headache!" Pansy yells across the crowd of them. I turned towards her in shock of her yelling to her friends. They all grow quiet for a moment until they eventually continue the begging.

Pansy rolls her eyes and turns her back from them, "Well, I might as well get comfortable if we are going to be here for a while." She says sitting down on the floor against the wall. I look down at her and sit a couple feet away.

The sounds of the castle crumbling, Slytherin pleads, and my heart beating echo through my ears. I shouldn't be here. I should be with Hermione, Dean, and Ginny fighting with them. I feel like a coward hiding down here playing babysitter over Pansy.