project partner ; ksj

Start from the beginning

you jogged your way towards him, bowing at mr. kang as you passed his desk. you can see seokjin's tall figure walking ahead of you as you jogged a little faster to catch up to him. once you do, you carefully yet quickly put a hand on his shoulder, causing him to stop at his track and look back at you.

"hey," you began, letting go of his shoulder. "seokjin, right? we were assigned for the project together,"

he stood still for a second. a couple 'excuse me's were heard as other students squeezed their way between you both, making you realized youre blocking the door.

"oh, yes. hi," he finally spoke up.

chuckling, you responded. "hi," you heard seokjin muttered a quiet ''hi' under his breath, making you chuckle for the second time. "so, the project? i dont wanna rush you but its better if we start doing it early, i dont work well under pressure." you sheepishly said.

the tall guy cracked a nervous smile, constantly avoiding your eye contact. you dont blame him though, eye contacts are intimidating.

"o-oh, sure. i agree with that," he smiled, you noticed his cheek rode up with the slightest smile. cute.

"cool, are you free today? maybe we can start reading and researching, i mean its only," you trailed, looking down at the watch on your wrist. "three o'clock, if you wanna start today, im down."

seokjin nodded at your words. "that's fine. im down, too."

you chuckled at him mimicking your choice of word. "what's our topic again? sociopathy and psychopathy, right?"

"yeah, we need to list and differentiate the tendencies and stuff."

"sweet, we can do the research today and start from there?" you suggested. "my place or yours?"

"mine, if that's okay with you?" he requested, probably not comfortable enough to go over to the house of someone he barely knows. you agree one might feel more dominant in an environment they're familiar with. from what you gathered, seokjin is very shy, you can already imagine him being so awkward and out of place and you both were to come to your place instead. you save him the trouble of the awkwardness by agreeing to come to his place.

"i have my motorcycle with me. you take the bus, right? do you wanna ride with me instead?" you offered.

seokjin face grew red because of your offer. maybe you weren't thinking much about the weight of your words, but really you were just trying to be nice.

"o-oh, no, its okay. i'll just- i'll take the bus," he stammered, face flushed red.

you shrugged, accepting his rejection. "okay, text me your address, then."

he nodded, still trying his best to avoid your eye contact. he was about to walk away until realization hit him. fishing his phone from his pocket, he said, "oh yeah, your- uh, your number,"

you chuckled at the awkward guy in front of you. you had no idea it physically pained him to interact with people. you figured maybe that's the reason he never really talked that much, he's one of those people who get so anxious and weird while interacting and socializing with people. you weren't one to judge, though. you were kind of glad he got paired with you to do this project, instead of with some other popular student who'd probably use him for their benefit. seokjin is quite smart, and judging by his socializing skill, you can already tell he'd get bossed around and ended up doing this whole project by himself.

after you were doneputting your number in his phone, seokjin quickly excused himself and clumsily made his way out of the class, murmuring a small, 'i'll see you at my place!', earning yet another chuckle from you.