Chapter six

Chapter six

After attending my other boring lessons with Mel, we both went to go and see if Sirius was in his room so we could have a chat with him. I mean the first day of school tires you out more than the war did. It wasn’t because all the information they gave me was overwhelming, but because I already had this information and more information than the others, I was bored. For the first time in my life I was actually bored. When I was in school with Harry and Ron I was never bored, there was always some sort of drama happening usually concerning Harry. There was even drama after the war such as interviews, interviews boyfriends. I wasn’t able to have a minute to myself without it being in the newspapers. I kept myself busy, busy was good it kept my mind off of what happened. It helped me to get rid of the horrid memories that I had. At least I had Mel to help me throughout the school year. Without her I think I would have died of boredom. Oh and Sirius being here makes everything better as well I guess. I mean as long as I’m not alone with him everything will be fine with him, and as long as he doesn’t find out.

‘Hey Sirius, what you doing?’ Mel asked in a hyper voice.

‘Just going over my lesson plan, Hermione would you be a dear and close the door. We don’t want anyone to intrude out catch up, do we’ He asked with a wink.

I went to the door and saw Snape strolling pass, he glanced at me and I winked at him whilst closing the door. Ugh I’m looking forward to then of his detention, I’m hoping he won’t be too harsh on us both. He’ll be crueller to me prior to me missing the previous detention. I walked to sit next to Mel which was across form Sirius who had made us a cup of tea.

‘Has your tea preference changed Hermione, like the other aspects of you that has?’

‘Yes it has funnily, I don’t take milk anymore nor do I have sugar.’

‘Ah you don’t need sugar Hermione, your sweet enough already.’

Mel interrupted ‘You kept telling me how nice and sweet Hermione was, I haven’t seen that side of her yet.’

‘I haven’t hurt you yet have I?’ I whispered with my eyebrows raised.

‘Now, now Hermione be nice, being serious now you’re the talk of the staff room, and not in a positive way.’

‘They can talk about me all they like, I’m here to get my grades not to be a teachers pet.’

‘What is with the attitude Hermione? You have upset a lot of teachers with that mouth of yours.’

‘Listen! You have no idea what I’ve been through, and I am not going to sit here whilst you lecture me about attitude. Do I need to remind you that when you were my age, you ere the school bully. At least I don’t abuse people or nearly get them killed.’

I walked that whilst vaguely hearing Mel tell her uncle off. I marched towards the common rooms restraining the tears that want to be let out. I turned a corner and saw Snape there talking to Malfoy. I tried to sneak past them without being noticed, but unfortunately it was not a good day.

‘Hey Hermione, why are you so upset? Do you want to talk about it?’

‘Malfoy just leave me alone! Can’t you understand that I do not want to see you anymore, nor do I want to talk to you? Can’t you get the message through your thick head? Keep away from me, or so help me God, I will be standing where your father stood, admitting to murder.’

Malfoy looked hurt and a few tears escaped his eyes, and he ran away crying like the baby he is. Snape took a step towards me and was growing as red as a cherry, I stopped him before he opened his mouth.

‘Don’t talk. I’ll see you at seven where you can shout at me then.’

I marched to the common rooms and into my bedroom, using my wand to soundproof my room. No one will hear my sobs now.