Recovery

Kai's POV

I have no idea how long I've been in darkness. All I could hear was their voices and cries. I fought and fought and fought. All I felt was trapped. Could you imagine? Being trapped in your own mind for God knows how long.

I've heard all of their conversations but I don't know who they belong to. "It's been a month, luv. Please come back to us. I need you. I love you", there's her voice again. So angelic and smooth. I don't need to see her face to know of she's beautiful. Everytime her voice comes, I always run to it in my mind.

Let's try this again. I made my mind work with my body again and again as hard as I could. That's when I heard a squeal. "Doctors! Guys, she moved!!", the angelic voice scream in excitement. I open my eyes but close them back as the bright light blinds me. "Kai, open your eyes, luv", I felt a hand on my cheeks and I couldn't help but smile.

I slowly open my eyes back and see a whole lot of people. "Hi", I greet with a smile. "Ms Toretto, do you know what happened to you? Do you know where you are?", a doctor with a white coat ask as the people around help me to sit up. "It looks like I'm in the hospital but I can't remember how", I answer honestly.

"So you know your full name?", he asks and I shrug. "I know my name's Kai and you called me Ms Toretto so, I'm guessing I'm Kai Toretto?", I replied but as a question. I could tell that two of the people around me were about to cry. I look at the beauty beside me and frown. "Why are you crying, beautiful?", I question as I wipe her tears away.

"D-do you know who we are?", she asks while crying. I look at her sadly and shook my head. She turns to the guy next to him and sobbed into his chest. "You have no recollection of what happened and who these people are?", the doctor ask and I shook my head.

The doctor nods and kindly ask the people around me to leave to discuss about me I think but four of them stayed behind. "You really don't recognise us?", the guy that the beautiful women sobbed and asks. "All I know is I heard her voice in the darkness and tried to wake up. When I did, all of you were here and I can't remember anything else. How long was I asleep?", I respond with a question.

"It's been 4 months, Kai. What's the last things you remember, mate?", one of the twins ask. "I only remember being behind the wheel", I told them honestly. My head hurts whenever I try to think back to what had happened to me. Soon after trying to remember who I was or who I am, the doctors came back with the rest.

One of the doctors ask the same questions they had ask then, inform me what happen. After all the medical stuff had been said, the doctors left the room to give us space. "How about we start by tell you our names?", a short woman ask that's standing next to the buff man. "I'm Mia Toretto. I'm your older sister", she spoke and I sent a small smile. I could tell she is trying her best not to cry.

"I'm Dominic Toretto, your older brother. I was the one who taught you to drive when you were a kid", he inform and memories slowly flash before my eyes. "Ride or Die", I whisper which caught the beautiful woman's attention. "What?", she question. "I remember you saying ride or die", I pointed out with enthusiasm which made Dom smile. "Dom", I said to myself.

I smiled to myself then, look at the group that stayed with me when the rest walk out to talk to my doctor. "I'm Ashton Hansen. We've been friends since we were toddlers. Here, I think this might help a little", he hands me a set of dog tags with my name and his on them. "You bought that for the two of us on my 16th birthday. You told me that you would be the only family that I ever need. I know things look overwhelming right now but I hope this helps", he says with sad smile.

My insticts kicked in and I reach to hug him but pain shot through my side which made everyone jump from where they were to make sure I am okay. Ashton and my brother help me sit up properly. I held onto Ashton for a moment then, let him go. Something tells me that his warmth felt familiar.