The Director nodded, in agreement.

"Your father and the team have things under control here, and I'll lend a hand in any way that I can. I have liaisons with the intelligence agencies this evening, and for the time being our plan is to deny all knowledge of you having returned."

"Is that the best option?" Melanie asked, concerned as she got to her feet.

"Don't worry," The Director smiled. "We have this under control, Melanie. Just concentrate on yourself."

I narrowed my eyes in suspicion at her, and followed my family out of the room and through the bullpen.

We said goodbye to the Director and I turned to Melanie.

"I don't like her," I decided. "She's too sweet. I don't trust her."

Melanie laughed and ruffled my hair.

"Yeah, you're a Hotchner alright." She joked.

"I'm being serious, Mel. Why does she want you to go home so badly?"

"You were literally convincing me up until she arrived!" Melanie laughed.

"Jack may have a point." Spencer mused, chewing on his lip.

"Okay, I'll tighten the teams guarding the suspects, and I'll put one of Jason's men on Liu." Melanie sighed, pressing the button for the elevator.

"I'll keep things tight." Our dad nodded with a sleepy smile.

"Aren't you coming home?" I asked, confused.

"No," He said, shaking his head as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder. "One of us should stay here and hold the fort."

Melanie nodded as the elevator arrived.

"Thanks, dad," She smiled, stepping forward to hug our dad. "I don't know what I'd do without you..." She admitted and our dad chuckled, kissing her cheek.

"Likewise, Mel," He sighed, pulling back to observe her carefully. "Rest well," He instructed. "Is there anything you'd like me to do whilst you rest?" He asked as Mel and Spencer made their way into the elevator.

"Could you ask Garcia to do a thorough sweep of the Sanitarium patients please? There's gotta be something in there. Caitlyn would never have sent us there if there wasn't a valid reason."

Our dad nodded his head and looked down at me.

"Be careful," He said, pulling me into his arms. I frowned in confusion, I was only going home?

"Once you're in this place, it's hard to leave again," He sighed. "Unplug and relax. And, preferably, don't come back."

I pulled back, looking at him in shock.

"I thought I was doing good here?!" I gushed, Mel and Spencer holding the elevator for me.

"You are," He smiled, placing a hand on my cheek like he used to when I was younger. His eyes were glazed over as he watched me.

"I just can't rest, knowing you're here, and enjoying every second of it," He sighed. "The fact you're good at it also worries me. You should be at home, where it's safe, with Beth."

I smiled and took a step back.

"I'm fine, dad, don't worry." I smiled.

"I do though, son," He chuckled as I got into the elevator. "I always worry."

The Spy

"I'm sorry we're keeping you in the basement like some prisoner." Melanie blushed, helping me set up the covers and pillows on the sofa.