11

I woke cramped next the wall of the bus, Alex sprawled across me. I grunted trying to move him. Jesus did he digest lead at night to make him so heavy? He grumbled rolling to his stomach as I fell from the bunk.

Jack jerked the curtain next to Alex's bunk open, staring down at me.

He started laughing at my discomfort. "You okay?" he asked.

"Uh yeah, just, not coordinated for this lifestyle." I explained standing. I turned to see Alex's leg hanging out the side.

"How do you tall ass bastards fit in those death boxes?" I grunted. Jack simply shrugged.

"You get used to sleeping like a contortionist." He informed me. I shook my head as I made my way to the front of the shaky bus.

"Hey," Kelsey greeted looking up from her laptop eating a bowl of cereal. "I plugged in your phone," she told me nodding to the phone charging next to the coffee pot.

"What would I do without you?"

"Die of loneliness and dead phone batteries," she stated not looking up from her task on the computer. I rolled my eyes again staring down at my phone. I stared at the messages on my screen. None of them were messages from a number I knew. I scrunched my forehead in thought as I read them. I must have let out a verbal gasp.

"What's wrong?" Kelsey asked her head snapping up.

"Nothing, umm nothing, almost dropped my phone," I lied. I was on a tour bus, it wasn't like he could find me.

"I will find you, and when I do, I'll burn down everything and everyone you love. If I can't be with you, that little foreskin shit stain you've been trying to lay since we were kids can't either. He doesn't want you. He could have anyone, only I can love you." The text message read.

"I have to shower," I stated suddenly locking myself in the restroom. I sank down in the fetal position reading his words. What was I going to do? He had the means if he knew I was on tour with them he could just find out the next town we were going to and fly there. I chewed nervously on my bottom lip. I felt the bus stop everyone marching around the inside.

"Hey who's in the bathroom?" I heard Rian.

"Reh, she's been in there awhile." Kelsey pointed out.

"Hey, no number twos on the bus," I heard Jack yell.

"Shut up Jack," I could hear everyone being pushed out of the way.

"What's going on?" I heard a yawning Alex ask.

"Everyone off the bus," she ordered. "Girl, talk," she explained. A few moments later a light tap came on the door. I unlocked the door letting her slip beside me.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"I'm terrified, Kels I have to tell you something, but please don't think I'm going crazy."

"Okay, you know I won't."

"Do remember when I fell off the stage? And I woke up the next day?"

"Yeah," she nodded.

"And you asked me what year it was?"

"Yeah," she looked confused. "You said 2021," she recalled.