"it's hard." i whisper. "it sucks." i squeeze her shirt into fists, holding in everything.

"i know, i know." she keeps rubbing my neck, eventually bringing her hand to the top of my head to run her fingers through my hair.

"i'll leave you two alone. nice seeing you, kenzie." we both pull away to aubreys voice. she gives me a smile before walking to the door.

"no um..we can go out to grab a drink. you stay here." i say to her quickly. she stops in her tracks, licking her lips.

"are you sure?" she asks. i nod confidently, not wanting her to have to leave her own room for us. and i'm kind of thirsty now anyway.

"you'll be okay in a public place?" kenzie asks behind me. i grab her hand, walking to the door as i grab my room key and my wallet.

"i went to my classes today..i can take anything." i chuckle again. kenzie nods, smiling at me.

we say bye to aubrey and leave the room, walking down the hall to the elevator. we finally arrive at the popular cafe not far, going inside and taking a seat. i relax, looking around for a moment.

"i got your drink." my eyes land on kenzie as she starts to get up from her seat. "ill be right back."

"wait, are you sure?" i ask her, not really wanting her to pay for me.

"absolutely. stay put." she smiles at me before walking away towards the counter to order. deep down i'm glad she's doing such a sweet gesture for me because it means the world to me. she's my best friend. she'd never do anything to hurt me.

i zone out, looking out the window of the cafe considering we are at a table right against it. i start to think about lucy. no matter what, i can't help but think about her good qualities. her beauty, her love for me, her ability to give me fireworks even from just a glance.

but why..why would she lie to me? you don't lie to someone you love.

i've never lied to her. i love her. i love her too much. she's the love of my life and i hate being away from her. what if i'm never close to her again? what if we drift apart? we are just acquaintances soon enough.

"hey.." i hear a voice snap me out of my thoughts. i look over and see kenzie. she sets our drinks down and stands next to me. she wipes my cheeks with her thumb, and in that moment i realized i let some tears escape my eyes. of course. "you're okay..i'm here."

she messes with the hair on the top of my head before taking a seat, pushing my drink towards me. i sniff my nose and nod, lifting the drink up to my lips to take a sip. "thank you." i say to her.

she leans her chin on her palm as she leans on her elbow. "of course. now, if you're okay..talk to me." she takes a sip of her drink now, giving me that overprotect look.

"i'm okay." i wipe under my eyes again, making sure i'm all good. i wipe my palms on my thighs, trying to get rid of the sweat.

"i missed you." kenzie says as she's trying to sooth me, even though she actually meant that. i can't help but smile at her gently, taking a deep breath.

"she keeps lying to me." i spit out quickly. her face turns into confusion as she keeps a stern look on me. "just, everything i guess. i-i know she loves me but i don't know. i dont get it."

"lying?" she furrows her eyebrows more and
more as the seconds go bye. i nod, opening my mouth to speak again.

"she told me she'd be careful about what she drinks and what she does at parties. she hasn't. and what hurt the most was she went to a party last night behind my back." i explain to her. i pout, suddenly feeling almost sick again. i push my drink away, gulping as i lose eye contact with kenzie. i like when she gets overprotective but i don't want her to not like lucy.

"behind your back? why would she ever think that would be a smart idea?" she almost chuckles, almost in disbelief. i shrug my shoulders, looking down at the table we are sitting at. "she..she doesn't really think you wouldn't find out, does she? i mean there are always pictures from those parties. but why even in the first place would she? you're understanding, you're not a pain in the ass." kenzie keeps talking, trying to make sense. she's right too, everything she's saying is just right.

"she knows i didn't want to go and that i didn't want her going either. but i didn't say no to her going, i'm not going to control her like that.." i say, catching the girls eyes in front of me. she nods slowly. "she told me she was going to stay in for the night, but she went to the party with jade and got fucked up." i pull out my phone, frustrated, pulling up the pictures and video.

i hand my phone to kenzie, seeing her stare at it in disbelief. she swipes at my phone screen, watching the video with wide eyes. i sit back and watch her reaction carefully..she's totally shocked.

"she's like half naked. what is she thinking?" she hands my phone back to me, shaking her head in an annoyed manner. i put my phone down on the table, scratching the back of my head.

"she wasn't." i say. it's silent for a moment and i can just see the way kenzie is mentally rolling her eyes. "so this morning she came in to my room apologizing like crazy and saying that she's bad for me. i gave her the ring back and told her we should take a break." i tell her. she sighs heavily.

she doesn't say anything as she gets up from her seat and takes a step towards me. i stand up with her as she wraps her arm around my torso. i wrap mine around her neck, digging my head into her neck.

we are now in the middle of the cafe, hugging.

"listen d, i love you. and lucy loves you too. listen to your heart on this one, okay?" she pulls away and puts her hands on my cheeks. i nod my head, grinning at her. she's right. she's always fucking right.

"thank you. i love you."

hey bro's !
i love u all 💕
🗳