In Which a Hunter Becomes Hopelessly Outnumbered(But Not Easily Outmatched)

(Warning for vivid descriptions of blood and gore. Also awful writing. Seriously, why do I do this to myself?)

But anyways if you enjoy it at all please leave a comment I'm lonely

Techno's arms ached as they rubbed against the ropes bounding his wrists. His breath puffed in the cool air as snow crunched under his feet. Left, right, left, right, exactly the same as it had been when this whole nightmare had started. It felt like months ago, even though it had only been four days since he had left the cottage. He stifled the urge to let out a dry laugh at the irony.

That had been so much less important then what was happening now, with a loaded crossbow at Dream's side and Tommy's fists flexing in his tight bonds, his wings pressed to his back and bound with a thick rope.

Left, right, left, right, snow crunching under the soles of his boots, the same motion repeated over and over, muscles flexing and stretching, his lip pulling halfway up his fangs against the bitter cold. Strands of hair tickled his neck. The hollow of Tommy's neck fluxed as he swallowed, his feathered wings tensing every time one of the feathers tickled the pure white snow.

Techno heard the creaking branch at the same time Dream did, too loud and obvious to be natural. They halted and Techno instinctively spread his legs at shoulder-width to balance his weight evenly, his fingers flexing against a nonexistent axe handle. The soft whispers of Dream's tensing breaths reached his ears.

The warrior raised his crossbow slightly, finger tensing on the trigger.

Tommy's eyes widened in fear, though he tried to hide it.

A branch snapped and Techno heard the crunch of multiple pairs of feet hitting the snow.

Three things happened at once.

Dream raised his crossbow to Tommy's forehead, about to pull the trigger. Techno let out a growl and shoved himself between Tommy and his captor. And an arrow whizzed behind Techno and he heard a surprised cry as his brother's wings broke free from their bonds.

Dream moved to shoot Tommy but Techno kicked him, hard. He let out a small grunt of pain and whipped out his sword. Techno ducked and suddenly there was another person behind Dream, his hair hidden in a tight-fitting woolen beanie and his two long daggers unsheathed and, within the next millisecond, pressed against Dream's throat. Dream stiffened but broke free, elbowing the newcomer in the stomach. Another person dropped out of the trees, bow in one hand and dagger in another, and sliced through Techno and Tommy's bonds like they were made of paper. "Run!"

Tommy didn't wait, his wings fully extending for the first time in days as he leaped upward and flapped them hard enough to blow Techno's hair into his face. Dream was occupied with the other warrior, dodging their dagger slashes and whipping his sword through the air faster than lightning. Techno looked around for a second to see that the bundle holding Techno's weapons and belongings had fallen to the ground in the ruckus. He dove on top of it and rolled over, away from the blades slicing through the air above him. Leaping to his feet again, he unrolled the bundle easily and grabbed his satchel, quickly strapping the bow and quiver to his back and sliding his dagger back into its sheath, gripping the Axe of Peace tightly.

Techno was back in the game.

He looked back up to see the person clashing with Dream sweating and grunting in effort. He was clearly fighting a losing battle. Quickly Techno grabbed his shield and leaped towards Dream, kicking him hard in the back. His gasp of pain was all Techno needed to assure him his, albeit temporary, victory. His opponent whipped around and the blade whizzed inches above Techno's head. Expecting the attack, he used Dream's momentum to brace his axe between Dream's right arm and his shoulder. The momentary hesitation that provided was enough to allow Techno to slam the blunt of his shield into Dream's mask.