In Which Two Brothers Resist the Urge to Cuss Out a Faceless Dickhead

(Laughs in how the fuck am i supposed to write these two I'm not funny and their dynamic is hilarious help I'm so shit at writing I'm sorry-)

Techno crouched next to Tommy, trying not to show the panic in his eyes. Eventually his hacking ceased. "What did he do to you?"

"He fuckin gagged me and tied me up, the bastard! I'm gonna kick his ass and punt him into the fuckin sun!" Tommy spat, his voice crackled and stale from being gagged for so long.

Techno sighed in semi-relief. At least he wasn't hurt too badly. "Anything else?"

"He knocked me out earlier but that's pretty much it. I'm gonna stab the shit out of him, just let me untie myself-."

Techno's eyes narrowed. "What the hell were you thinking, coming after me? You could've died!" He spat.

"I'm fucking saving you, that's what I'm thinking!" Tommy snapped. "Saw this fuckin green bitch leave town lookin for you and followed him for a bit, maybe got lost for like a week but that isn't important, and was gonna stab his eyes out with my knife before he splashed me with a potion or something, the shitheaded cheater."

"You're gonna get yourself killed!" Techno protested, but Tommy talked right over him. "He's such a fuckin dickhead. I'll bet he has no women chasing him. Unlike me, because I'm the hugest fuckin man ever. All the women love me, Techno."

"That guy's nearly killed me twice!" Techno raised his voice, feeling it get more high pitched.

"Yeah, and that's why I'm gonna stab him, dickhead!"

"There's no way you'll be able to! The dude's stacked! He's got so much overpowered shit!"

"Watch me, bitch!" Tommy's wings ruffled indignantly, struggling against their bonds. "I kinda know who he is! Sort of! Basically! Maybe I almost drowned trying to follow him-"

"What?"

"-but I'm gonna stab him and throw him off of a goddamn cliff!"

Techno sighed. "Tommy, he's a fully trained adult, and you're a sixteen-year-old child. There's no way-"

"I'm not a fuckin child, Techno! He's a wrongun! I had to do something!"

"No you didn't!" Techno sputtered, completely blown away with how stupid his brother was. "You could've stayed home with Phil, Tubbo, and Wilbur!"

"He was going to kill you, Techno!"

"I can take care of myself! You, on the other hand, can't control yourself! You're too impulsive and loud!"

"So?! I'm the fuckin main character, the hero! And you know it, bitch!"

Techno let out a dry laugh. "Good things don't happen to heroes, Tommy! You almost fucking died!"

"It was the right thing to do! I saw him leave, I knew where he was going! I couldn't-" Tommy stopped for a moment, coughing and hacking. "I couldn't just sit still when you're fucking life was in danger, Techno."

"You should have!"

"Well, I didn't!" Tommy snapped, glaring at Techno. "I-" he hesitated, and for a mere millisecond Techno could see a tiny glimpse of pain and hurt in his eyes. He stiffened. "Look, I can't fucking let you go again. I can't lose you for good this time."

Techno opened his mouth to argue, but stopped, seeing the subtle way that Tommy flinched backwards. "...oh, for fuck's sake, fine. Even if it was a dumbass move, you can't take it back now anyway. Now, will you help me find a way to get out of here?"

Tommy grinned. "Let's fuckin do this."

~

When the hunter(apparently his name was Dream. At least, that's what Tommy had called him) came back, he had wrapped all of Techno's belongings in a thick cloth, leaving no blade exposed that would allow Techno to cut off his bonds. He removed the bonds on Tommy's legs and gave him a moment to flex his muscles while he took down the tent and put it away. Tommy opened his mouth to cuss him out but Techno glared at him and shook his head. Tommy sighed but stood up, stumbling slightly as he rose to his feet.

Dream finished rolling up the tent and put it into his own satchel, strapping it tightly. "Follow me. Don't try anything."

Tommy hissed indignantly, his lip curling as he spat. "Fuck you, you shitty little green son of a bitch, I'll do whatever the fuck-"

"Tommy." Techno met his eyes and shook his head, even though rage was bubbling inside him at Dream's words. Tommy opened his mouth as if to protest but Techno glared at him and he shut up, at least for a moment.

The sun was lowering in the sky as they walked, boots crunching in the snow. Techno could sense how tense Tommy was just from the way he took each step stiffly and uniformly, could feel the slight hesitation in his movements. God, he was going to murder Dream for this. His brother, while as loud and annoying as he usually was, seemed hollow, as if he was missing something important to him.

Of course he is. He had run away from his family, left the safety of his home to follow Techno because he cared. And though Techno wished he hadn't been so reckless, he admired Tommy's attachment, in a way. When he had left the Kingdom, he had only hesitantly looked back before plowing forward into a new life. But he couldn't forget about his family. He had ached because he had left them and now there was an empty void where they used to be.

He supposed he couldn't really be alone if he wasn't lonely as well.

Eventually the sun sunk below the horizon and Dream stopped in a clearing, quickly tying Tommy's legs together again. They couldn't have run, anyway, they had no weapons and Techno knew from experience that Dream was good with his crossbow. He would shoot Tommy before they got ten meters away.

At the moment, there was no way to escape. They were trapped.

Techno and Tommy sat in silence as Dream set up a campfire, the bright orange flames dancing in front of them. He untied their hands and for a moment Techno considered trying to knock Dream out with his fists alone but then decided against it. There was no vulnerable area he could strike at without a blade as long as he had that eerily unsettling smiley mask on.

Dream made baked potatoes, ironically using the ones he had stolen from Techno. There was an odd sort of silence that surrounded them and Techno was terrified to break it, no matter how much he wanted to flay the faceless warrior alive.

He silently handed a potato to both Tommy and Techno, having sliced both in half already. "You can't say I don't treat you well." Dream deadpanned, sitting back as they ate.

"Shut the fuck up." Tommy growled softly, glaring at him, and they settled back into the uncomfortable silence. Dream ate by slipping his mask up just enough to reveal his mouth and a little bit of his nose whenever he took a bite and sliding it back down while he chewed. Techno could faintly see a dusting of freckles on his pale cheeks and the slight indent of dimples.

So he is a real person. Huh.

Techno didn't want to eat but his stomach had been complaining for several hours now, and he hadn't had any sustenance other than water for more than a day. He bet Tommy hadn't eaten in even longer, considering that he had been knocked out last night. So, he ate half of the potato before feeling slightly nauseous and setting it down.

Being around someone as fucked up as Dream made him lose his appetite.

But, maybe soon, there'd be an opportunity for escape.