⋆⋅ fourty five ⋆⋅

╔═══*.·:·.★ ✦ ★・:・:*═══╗
Chapter 45
╚═══*.·:·.★ ✦ ★・:・:*═══╝

Time is slowed down.

There is no beat, no melody.

Time is a funny thing,

The indefinite continued progress of existence and events that occur in an apparently irreversible succession from the past, through the present, into the future.

I had been missing for a few days, but it had almost seemed like years of stress and worry were secluded onto me specifically. Like an author stretching out the climax of the book just to keep the readers on edge.

The only thing stretching me in between the depths of reality and fiction is the small flicker in my chest that appears only when I see him. My breathe hitches and my body sways slightly,

Suddenly, there is not one other person in this room except us.

As if he can feel my presence, his head flicks towards me. The mixture of doubt and love on his face is recognizable, a single tear threads down my cheek and I leave him a small smile of gratitude, my head feels light, as if im dreaming. His fast-paced steps toward me feel like nothing, yet something closing the too long of an empty space between us.

As in slow motion his body pushes into mine, but the second we make contact, time is once again at normal pace. I am reeled back into reality, slowly sliding down to floor as tommy nearly cradles me. his head dug into my hair, whispering over and over.

"im sorry"

I don't answer but instead listen to his voice, which is trembling slightly out of shock,

"im so sorry" he continues, and we share a breath of serenity before I pull him off of me slightly,
cupping his face to look straight into his eyes, those wonderful cerulean eyes that I've looked into too many times but still desperately longed for.

"I love you" he whispers just loud enough for me to hear.

"I love you too"

I pull him into a longer hug, my hand
set atop his hair lightly, my fingers coil his curls soothingly, I look up and absorb my surroundings for the first time. Passersby's give us slightly concerned looks but dismiss them quickly.

"tommy if you cry it'll just make me cry more" I whisper as Tommy hides his face into my shoulder once again, he doesn't answer so I simply tuck my chin similarly into his shoulder. For a multiple stolen moments we stay connected.

"ok tommy we may have to get up now" I chuckle lightly, and tommy kisses me on the forehead before helping me off of the floor. He takes my hand and locks our fingers, as if I would disappear any second.

I catch a glimpse over near Wilbur,

Wilbur.

He's standing a mere fifteen feet away, feet planted on the ground in the same place he was before Tommy came to me. His mouth was slightly agape, tears were streaming down his face in shock. As if I weren't real.

"Ollie?" Wilbur whispers out as I approach him. He blinks more tears out of his eyes to make sure he's seeing things right.

"Wilbur" I smile back, and he pulls me into a hug, my head laying against his chest.

"you're here" he sniffles

"I am" I continue to silently cry,

"gosh you mortals are so emotional" Techno
scoffed as he watched me and Wilbur cry.