Chapter 13

Bakugo didn't know when he had fallen asleep, but he awoke to what sounded like hushed chatters in the hallway. Taking a second to sit up he remembered where he was. In the hospital. He had stayed the night. And someone was about to walk in. In a heartbeat he launched himself off the bed and snuck into the bathroom, not a second early as the door opened. Crouching behind the wall in the dark Bakugo heard the nurse cheerily call out to Todoroki before checking over him. Obviously the boy was awake as he responded and gave her hand hearted answer to any questions she asked.

Once she left Todoroki began to laugh, burying his face in his pillow.

"She left Katsuki, come back here." He called out between chuckles. Bakugo sulked as he walked over and sat in the chair beside the bed. "I didn't think I would wake up to my Boyfriend launching himself across the room." He continued to laugh as Bakugo just glared at him, his ears bright red.

"Shut up, it's the stupid nurse's fault for coming in so damn early in the morning." He grumbled, pulling his phone out to check the time.

"Not that early." Todoroki chuckled, noticing the time a little after 9. Bakugo rolled his eyes, pocketing his phone.

"Well whatever, let's get out of here and go on that date I promised." Todoroki's face broke out into a smile and he grabbed Bakugo's hand. It was a sudden and drastic change from the shy Todoroki from last night, but Bakugo enjoyed the difference.

"Promise! I'll be ready to go, even if I have to sneak out. Meet me at 12 near the cafe out front."

"Sure, I'll head home to get changed and grab some stuff." Bakugo gave Todoroki's hand a little squeeze before letting go. Heading to the door he paused slightly before opening it and sprinting down the hallway, a nearby nurse noticing and giving chase.

Todoroki smiled excitedly like a young child. The hand Bakugo had held still felt warm, and the flowers hadn't been painful since yesterday. If he was lucky he would soon be cured.

Cured...

Could it be that Bakugo only said he liked him so he would get better?

That couldn't be... after what had happened on the bathroom last night it had to be real. Bakugo wasn't the kind of person to play with another's feelings. right?

But deep in his heart without realising, a small seed of doubt grew. The seed fed into his Hanahaki, preparing to do far more harm than before.

Bakugo burst out the front of the building and without stopping to look behind him, ran in the direction of his house. He doubted the nurse would continue chasing him, but he was excited. He felt giddy, his whole face red, and not from the sudden sprinting. He slowed his pace to a jog and eventually a walk, striding home as he made a mental checklist of what he had to do. 

Opening the door to his house Bakugo was greeted by his father sitting on the nearby couch, his mother nowhere to be seen.

"Where have you been?" He asked nonchalant. Bakugo shrugged his shoulders as he quickly shook off his shoes.

"hospital. Friend." he grunted, pulling off his coat and dashing into the kitchen to grab something to eat. Masaru glances up at his son, scrambling to find something grazable before heading to the stairs.

"Where are you rushing to?" He asks, half expecting to be yelled at or just ignored. Instead he was shocked at Bakugo pausing his brief rush to smile at him.

"I got a date." And then he was off, running up the stairs to make himself presentable.

Masaru heard the shower switch on, and slowly put down the paper in his hand. The front door opened again and in walked Mitsuki, bags in hand from the grocery store. She gave Masaru a quick wave before heading to the kitchen and starting to sort through her bags.

"Mitsuki, Katsuki said he has a date." Mitsuki froze and looked up at her husband.

"A date? OUR son? are you certain?" Masaru shrugged, as if he too couldn't believe it.

"That's what he said, he's getting ready right now upstairs." Mitsuki smiled. Bakugo was a strange child, and that was partly their fault for coddling him so much. He had a hard time making emotional connections, thinking he was better than everyone else. If he had finally found someone that was able to make him happy, they wanted nothing more than for them to be together.

No matter what kind of person his date would be.

Bakugo came sprinting down the stairs, his hair still wet from the shower. He was wearing dark grey skinny ripped jeans, a plain white t-shirt and a red hoodie tied around his waist. He scrambled around the corner, almost slipping on the wooden floor from his socks before righting himself. Grabbing his trainers he started to put them on before turning and noticing his staring parents.

"uhh... Did the old man tell you? I'm going out." It wasn't a question but a statement. Mitsuki sighed and shook her head in exasperation. her son was such a handful.

"Just stay safe you stupid brat." She called, turning around to continue cleaning the kitchen. Masaru smiled sheepishly and offered his son a wave before going to help his wife. Bakugo rolled his eyes and left, glancing at his phone to realise he was early.

He wanted to be early, but he also didn't want to have to stand there for half an hour. Bakugo slowed his hurried walk to a heterosexual level, instead taking the time to glance around at the stores. When something caught his eye.

Please for the love of anime find me a proofreader I'm suffering ಥ_ಥ