"Declan!"

The boy turned his head to see the 9 year old waving at him, signalling him to come over, which he did. "Leila, you have a clone. Why are there two of them?" He asked, openly.

"Declan, this is Belle. She's Leila's..."

"Leila's sister. Hi, nice to meet you." Belle finished Emily's sentence, seeing her get distracted by her vibrating phone in her back pocket, indicating a call in which she excused herself to answer. Belle was dumbfounded by the boy, for he was not what she had pictured. He seemed as if the opposite. His long blonde curls immediately caught her eyes, as did the 2 crystal blue gems most would call eyes, but to Belle, they were more than that; they were mesmerising. Small butterflies formed in her stomach as she continued to converse with the boy. Yes, academically he excelled within his grade, but he was so much more then what Leila had described, and Belle couldn't place her finger on what intrigued her so much.

"Prentiss." She answered, barely glancing over the Caller ID.

"Where are you?" She heard Hotch ask, almost stressed.

"The school. Leila's starting today, and Belle was being given the tour. I told you this?"

"You said you'd be in at 8, Em it's 8:23 AM."

"No, that can't be right." She took the phone from her ear and looked down at the time it displayed - he was right. "Yeah, ok, you're right. I'll be there soon." She hung up the phone, whilst walking over to the group of talking kids. "Belle we've gotta go. Time got the best of us."

"Yeah, I've got classes soon, and I'm guessing you'll be in your homeroom beforehand so I'll come and find you later." Leila nodded at Declan's presumption before he said his goodbyes and left, heading off down the halls.

"Belle, you're going to be alright. You hear me? You've got this. Don't be too nervous. First impressions don't matter. Just be nice and remember to not curse." Emily said, crouching to the child's level before embracing her in a hug. "If you need anything, go to Declan or Mrs Willower, ok?" The 9 year old nodded, as the bell for homeroom rang through everyone's ears, causing dorm doors to fling open with half of Declan's grade flying out of them, papers scattering the halls. "Mrs Willower is going to show you to your homeroom, and Hotch, JJ or I will pick you up at 4."

"I'll see you later." The little one said, before squeezing in one big hug and leaving, following the dean down the not so crowded hallways, and out of sight.

"Come on, we're really late." Emily began walking briskly, making her way out of the confusing halls and into the open air, Belle following close behind in order not to lose her.

"How do you know Declan?" Belle said bluntly, climbing into the large SUV.

"I- uh..." She froze, not sure how to proceed. This wasn't really a car conversation topic, and would require a lot of detail. As she turned the ignition on, Belle asked again, more demanding. The quiet radio playing a new song, 'We Are Young' by fun. filled the void of silence as Emily thought about how to tell the 12 year old. Leila took it so well, but she was in the high risk, dangerous situations involving a serial kidnapper - her father - and understood the severity. Whether Belle would too was unknown. "It's a really long story. Can I tell you another time?"

"Are you his mom?"

"Oh my God, no." Emily scoffed out as she began driving "Have you seen me compared to him? Blonde hair, blue eyes coming from me? No!"

"He seems to think of you as a parental figure, it just seemed like it."

"I- I was almost his mom, well step-mom but no. I'm not."