𖠌 Chapter Twenty-Eight

Start from the beginning

"Slow down! You can't even legally use the toaster yet."

Jaemin rolled his eyes at the beta's fading words echoing from the hallway and still reaching the living room while Jeno could only laugh.

They both sat there silently before the brunet pursed his lips, "when are we telling her? Or well... Them, actually." He wondered.

The pink haired boy hums with knitted eyebrows, "tell them what?" He repeats in confusion as he grabs the remote control for the television.

The omega scoffed jokingly and lifts his hand up, showing the fresh new jewelry Jaemin had literally gave him a few minutes ago as it shines a bit from the chandelier light.

"Oh right~" Jaemin drawls in realization and tightens his grip around Jeno's shoulders before humming again.

"Well it's up to you, really. I don't mind on when we're going to tell them or so, but just remember, no pressure okay?" He coaxed and pecks Jeno's temple.

Jeno smiled whilst his cheeks turned pink and nodded shyly, "of course." He said and snuggled up beside Jaemin as he leans his head on the pure alpha's broad shoulders.

They continued to watch some random shows in the television while listening to Doyoung's small scoldings amd panic cries whenever Natalia does something that could potentially hurt herself, extra background noises basically.

Suddenly, Jeno looks up at Jaemin, shifting his gaze towards the elder making the latter pause whatever show they were watching and raised a brow at him.

"Anything wrong, pretty?" He asked more in concern rather than confused.

The omega pursed his lips, he sighed and shrugged lazily. "Nothing is wrong, alpha." He mumbled while ignoring the obvious prideful grin attached on Jaemin's face.

"It's just that– I hope you win on yours and Heejin's next court, I'm worried for you." He admits as his fingers played with the hair on Jaemin's nape lightly.

Jaemin couldn't help but smile softly, "we'll hope for the best. Your brother is luckily helping us and raising a few chances along with my lawyers," he said.

"What happens if... It's not over?" Jeno asked hesitantly and avoided eye contact with the pure alpha.

The pink haired boy shrugged, "then we'll have another court date scheduled. And another if failed, and another, until it's finally over." He explains.

He then lifts Jeno's chin up with his index finger and murmured, "until she's gone in our lives, until she can't ruin us or anyone anymore."

"How are you so sure she'll have a chance to end up behind bars?"

Sighing, Jaemin caresses Jeno's cheek gently with his thumb. "She frames people, she used my company and identity to hide hers and her illegal business. What she does is illegal, and there's far more worst than those."

"How come you've never won against her before? It's been... A long time..." Jeno wondered aloud.

Smiling sarcastically, the elder bit his lip to control his sudden rising up anger towards his forced-to-be-with so called of a wife.

"She's been cheating," he shrugged again. "Like quite literally in those aspects or possibilities you're thinking of right now."

"What about–"

"Us? Well I must admit it was wrong for me to cheat and should have asked her to sign the divorce papers," he paused and forced a chuckle. "But she always gets her way, she... She knows what to do to make me feel angry yet held captive."

"What does that mean?" Jeno tilts his head, now intrigued on the new information.

Jaemin only smiled and brushed their noses together affectionately making both of them blush.

"I'll tell you more about it, pretty. But for now, let's go help Doyoung from losing his sanity." They laughed at his words before hearing Doyoung shriek again.