Burying The Hatchet (L.I.M.D.)

Start from the beginning

"Seb, how are you? It's been a long time," Scott smiled at him.

"I'm great, thanks! What about you? Yeah, it's been more than 3 years, I guess. Long time no see you."

"I'm fine, really fine." Then, Scott saw Clara walking closer to the men who were former teammates. "Clara!"

"Oh my God, Scott!" Clara hugged him for a moment. "I can't believe that we meet you here!"

"Me neither. Now in red, eh?" Scott joked as it was the first time for him to see Seb and Clara as Ferrari employees.

"Yeah," Seb laughed. "Are you joining ROC?"

Scott smiled. "Of course! That's why I'm here. Welcome to Miami!"

"Nice to know that," Seb replied, as he didn't know the participants of ROC from other categories. "I haven't heard anything from you. Where are you now competing at?"

"As you both still remember, I got banned from any motorsport activity for 2 years," Scott started explaining. "But thankfully last year, I got an offer to compete at the Global RallyCross Championship. I'm so grateful that after what happened between us, there are people who still believe in me."

Scott sighed quite heavily. Seb and Clara glanced at each other. They both understood that Scott still couldn't forget about the mistake he made in the past. He probably still couldn't forgive himself.

Seb patted his shoulder. "Scott, you are a talented driver, we all know that. And you are still young. We are so grateful to know that you can continue your racing career and we hope that we all can forget everything that happened in the past."

"Seb, I don't know how I can forgive myself. You are definitely one of the kindest people I've ever known. I defamed you, I almost ruined your reputation, but you can still be kind to me," Scott smiled miserably.

"You have faced the consequences, so I think that it's enough. Yeah, I admit that I was quite disappointed with how you tried to make me seen as a bad driver. But I don't want to hate someone in my life. Let's just repair everything from zero and move on."

Clara couldn't hide her smile when she was listening to Seb. She was so proud of him. He was way calmer than she'd thought he could be.

"I agree with you." Then, Scott glanced at Clara. "I believe that this woman has played a very important role. I can't forget how angry she was when I said that you could be fired because of that case. You are so lucky to have such a brave woman like Clara, Seb."

Clara blushed. "No need to praise me like that, Scott. I-"

Before Clara continued, Seb cut her off while his hand embracing her shoulder. "You are right, Scott. I'm so lucky to have her. She helped me a lot when I was facing the case. Actually, she helps me on everything."

Scott nodded. "I can say that you belong to each other. When will you propose her, Seb?"

Seb was quite jolted by the question. Neither Clara nor himself had thought about taking to the next step of their relationship yet.

"Erm yeah, I'm still thinking about that. I think that both Clara and I are still enjoying on where we are now. We are not in a hurry though."

"I'm sorry, Seb, if my question surprised you both," Scott apologized. Then, he took his phone out of his pants pocket. "May I have your phone number?"

Seb nodded. "Sure."

Seb and Scott exchanged their numbers as Scott had a new one after the doping case back in 2013. He also exchanged numbers with Clara.