Foot of the Mountain [MortenHarketxreader]

A/N: I recommend listening to Foot Of The Mountain or Rolling Thunder while reading. Enjoy🖤

You headed into the studio and slowly opened the door, expecting to see the three boys working tiresomely on one of their songs. But the studio was isolated except it was just Morten there. As you entered the room you felt the cold breeze of the air conditioning.

You noticed Morten was on a brown leather couch leaning back with a bottle of water in his hand. His hands rested on his lap and you could clearly notice how his black leather wrist bracelets, highlighted his strong arms. He had worn a black tank top that had emphasized his shoulders and arms, strongly built. You had to admit that it was all a very tempting view.

His eyes were closed and his head was rested on the back of couch. He looked tired and drained. You wanted to make him feel better, considering that he was your closest friend. Unfortunately, although you had developed different and stronger feelings for him, you never could gather the bravery to tell him. You always thought you would never be enough for someone as perfect as Morten. He was too good to be true. He was the one person you could tell anything to, but this was the one thing you couldn't tell him. The fact that he had a special place in your heart and the fact that he could never be with someone like you. But nonetheless, you did want to make him feel at home, since you two were so close.

You walked over to the couch where Morten stayed. You clutched on your little backpack straps, nervously. Morten was still resting. "Hey Morten" you said very softly, worried you might interrupt him. He fluttered his small delicate eyes open and then he had a warm smile across his face.

"y/n! I'm so glad you're here." He smiled widely and immediately took you to his embrace. You were startled at first but then you knew all along that this is what he needed after a couple of tiresome weeks- comfort. You giggled as he held you tightly, hugging you around your waist as you were still standing and he was sitting. It seemed to tickle you slightly.

"Easy there, Morten." You chuckled and said and stroked his brown soft, smooth hair. It looked messier than usual but you liked it. Stroking the fine luscious stands of his hair was a sweet treat to your fingers; for your fingers to be able to feel such a rich and soft sensation. You drifted off in to admiration and got distracted by his hair.

He looked back up at you still hugging you and spoke, "Can we go for a walk? I need to cool off a bit. Just you and me?" He pleaded. His face looked like a little puppy dog.

"Of course we can. How can I ever say no to that face?" You said and chuckled a little.

The two of you headed outside

The two of you headed outside. It was 5.36 p.m. and the sky was painted with the slight splash of orange, drifting through as golden rays escaped through the edges on the clouds. You two were walking down the pavement next to each other as the warm wind blew against your hair. It was a golden embrace to your skin and it made you feel relaxed and comfortable. You hoped that it did for Morten too. He of all, needed to relax and let loose. You wanted to make him comfortable. But it didn't seem like he was. His shoulders still looked immensely tensed and his fists were tightened as he swayed his hands side to side while he walked. He would occasionally take a deep breath and close his eyes as he exhaled.