vii.

~O~

The investigation didn't continue for much longer after the discovery of that severed appendage. It only took them an hour today before they were ushered back to their classes so they could resume their studies and soon return to their dorms.

They teachers too, just wanted to drop dead on the couches of the common room and wait for their bodies to recharge.

All Might came in later, after his little discussion with Nezu that consisted 30% of what the traitor could be on to and 70% of the misadventures of the general course. Shinsou was a hard worker and had a good heart that no one deserved but boy was he ruthless when it came to pranks, it would be hard to keep him away from the traffic light trio if he wasn't already adopted by them.

"How did it go?" Asked Aizawa who was sat on the couch with a mug of coffee in his hand.

"Nezu says that wasn't his doing," All Might replied, "He thinks the traitor's making a move against us."

"About time though." Present Mic sighed but once he got a few weird glances sent his way he was forced to sit up properly and defend himself, "What? It's been weeks! I want to focus on other things than thinking one of the little listeners is a not-so-cool backstabber."

"You were the one who suggested the traitor theory in the first place, Mic." Midnight deadpanned.

"That doesn't make it any different!"

Vlad King ignored the loud blonde and asked, "And what about the kids? What did they conclude from all that?"

"They didn't do much today. Nezu probably figured it out earlier and filled the third day with... More things." Aizawa replied, "... Midoriya, however,"

That last part managed to gather far more attention than previously present from the other teachers. Aizawa could practically feel All Might freeze from a few meters away just at the name while Mic and Midnight too sat up a little straighter with their smiles wiped off their faces.

The raven haired man continued with much discomfort in his, "Midoriya seemed quick to point out that it might be the traitor's... He shared this knowing look with Uraraka too when she was asked about last night. Nobody mentioned Hatsume despite three of them saw her almost past curfew, Midoriya being one of them. He also appeared to pick up a note last night that we weren't told of in the security footages."

Following the events of last night when a sudden power cut happened along with the occasional blaring of the alarms, the teachers that the students failed to find were all gathered around in the security room watching through the cameras what each student was doing. They found the little adventure with Aoyama, Uraraka and Midoriya to be more eye-catching than the others especially after today when the same room they investigated was left in ruins.

"Oh yeah... His group also destroyed the security camera on the first day so we wouldn't catch a thing." Midnight chimed in, her face resting in the palms of her hands.

"Maybe he's just being wary of us," All Might intervened, smiling nervously.

Midnight rose up a suspecting eyebrow, "As a student or...?"

All Might defended — or at least he tried to, "I'm pretty sure as a student."

Present Mic shrugged teasingly, "I don't know, man... It's always the innocent one's."

"It's too early to say but one thing's for sure," Aizawa cut in, putting his mug back on the coffee table before meeting everyone's gazes and continuing,

"Problem Child knows something..."

~O~

Cementoss did not know why he was a part of the group Nezu assigned to run a DNA test on a toe that appeared out of thin air to scare off the staff apparently. The traitor and Nezu had more things in common than he was comfortable acknowledging. Although, Cementoss could confirm that running some tests on an appendage that might or might not be a part of some to-come horror scheme after school was just as fun as anyone would think it would be. Yup. Totally.