"No... I didn't think you'd want her to know" Beau admitted.

"Then let's tell her" Lukas shrugged. Beau sat up and stared at Lukas in disbelief. If his mother found out the rest of his family was bound to. His mother, bless her, wasn't exactly great at keeping secrets. She had almost accidentally outed Beau on multiple occasions trying to make her subtle jokes.

"You're joking..." Beau searched Lukas's face for any sign he was just joking around, but eventually found none. "You're not joking" He huffed.

"Hear me out, it would be nice to just be with you around other people... Even if it's just your mom" Lukas reasoned. "And I know she can be a bit... Over-excited over things but I also know she'd never do anything to intentionally hurt us"

"Okay..." Beau finally agreed with a small smile.

_________________________________________

Beau's foot bounced up and down nervously as he waited for Lukas to get back. Lukas was joining him and his family for dinner but had to take Ophelia home first. Mr. Edwards had only agreed to keep her if she stayed in the barn so Lukas had put together a warm bed for her until he could find the time to build a proper dog house.

Beau sat across from his family waiting patiently as his mother finished up the last of dinner. He still hadn't come out to his father and Lucy because he simply never felt the need to. They weren't as close as they probably should be, but he decided he didn't want to sneak around with Lukas. At least not in his house... And Lukas had agreed.

His mother finally walked back into the dining room and began laying out everyone's plates while they waited for Lukas to return. The plan was to come out and depending on how they took it, possibly introduce Lukas as his... Boyfriend? He wasn't exactly sure on that part.

The front door opened and the tall blonde quickly rushed to his seat mumbling his apologies. He sat across from David and they went through their usual prayer before they began to eat. It was steak with homemade mashed potatoes and asparagus. Something he knew would put David in a good mood.

"Dad... Lucy..." Beau hesitantly began. "Mom and Lukas already know but I have something I should probably tell you" He awkwardly began. He felt Lukas's strong hand grip his thigh, running small and reassuring circles with his thumb. That small gesture seemed to relax Beau a bit.

"Hm?" David hummed. He looked up from his plate to meet his son's gaze. David had always been a calm and uninterested person. He was kind and polite, but he never expressed any strong emotions. That was what made him and Shelby such a perfect pair. They balanced one another out perfectly.

"So... I'm just going to be as straight-forward as I can. I'm gay..." He froze mid-bite and glanced over at Shelby after a moment.

"Didn't we already know that?" David asked. Shelby sent David an 'are you kidding me?' Look and he quickly corrected himself. "Beau, your mother and I have known since you were in grade school. And we don't care as long as you're happy" David deadpanned.

Beau nodded feeling instant relief. He glanced over at Lucy who seemed to be holding back a lot of emotions and he wasn't sure how he felt about that.

"Luce?" Beau asked.

"We can talk about boys together!" Lucy suddenly blurted out earning an eye roll from David and leaving Beau stunned. "Do you have a crush? Is it someone on the football team? Is that why you joined? I always wondered why-"

Beau sat frozen, unsure how to react or answer any of that. He and his sister weren't super close due to their age gap so the idea of giggling over pretty celebrities just felt weird. As for the rest of the questions, he couldn't help feeling a little overwhelmed.