Chapter 12: Selfless, Brave, and True

"So much for trying to destroy magic," Henry said as we walked together to Granny's. It was a few days after what happened. Regina tried to hurt Snow, Henry tried to blow up the wishing well in an attempt. On the plus side, the crops that make magic beans are sprouting which means we'll be able to hop between worlds again. "You didn't think it would be that easy, did you?" I questioned. "I hoped," Henry admitted. "Look, kid, magic isn't all bad," I explained. "There's good and light, the only problem is that they chase each other constantly. We don't need to destroy magic, we need to stop them from chasing each other."

"Okay, I can help with that," Henry smiled. "Anyway, what are you up to today?" "I'm starting my apprenticeship with Blue," I smiled. "My Papa and Blue have been talking and we agreed that I can start learning more beyond what I read." "Like a magic school," Henry simplified and I nodded. "It's only for a week, maybe I can find out why the dagger didn't kill me," I replied. "Maybe it's simple," Henry told. "You're the light one, the dark one dagger can't kill or control you." "But, I'm not immortal," I reasoned. "Neither is Rumple as you know and he's as dull as I am about this."

"Like that's saying something," Henry said. "Point is, I need answers," I sighed. "Well, maybe you can after you come with me to meet my father's fiancée." "Why?" I questioned. "What do you need me for?" "To ease the tension," Henry said. "I know my mom still loves my dad, and vise versa I think. They'll be awkward and I think having you there will be better and dad agreed." "Um, yeah, okay," I agreed. Henry smiled and hugged me saying, "Thank you." I smiled back then we went off and to Neal's place at Granny's inn where him and Emma were with his fiancée.

"And there he is with his friend," Neal smiled getting up with her. "Tamara, this is Henry — my son and this is his best friend, Y/n Jones." "Hi," I smiled. "Nice you meet you two," Tamara smiled. She shook hands with Henry then me, but once we did the hair on the back of my neck soon up. Something was off with her, she made me on edge immediately. We all sat down and tae breakfast together as we talked. "So how'd you guys meet?" Henry asked. Neal glanced at Emma and hesitated then Tamara explained, "Um... well, I was super late to work, rushing like crazy, guzzling my giant coffee, when this guy crashed into me. My coffee soaked my blouse. There was no time to change, so Neal gave me his scarf to hide the stains. And he said I could keep it or call him if I wanted to return it."

I nodded along then she added, "I decided to call, and, well, we've been together ever since." "Sounds like fate," Emma spoke up. "I've gotta drop Henry off with his grandpa." "And I got to get to my internship," I said getting up as well. "Thanks for the bagel. It was nice meeting you, Tamara." "You, too," She smiled then I went off. "Hey, Emma," I spoke going up to her. "Did you feel off when you met Tamara?" "No," Emma answered. "Why?" "I don't know, it's just something isn't right," I replied. "Could be a side affect to happened to you," Emma said. "Maybe," I agreed hesitantly. "Probably just nothing... right?"

-

Later on that day, I was with Blue talking about the lesson we just had. "So, do I get a wand?" I questioned. "I don't know," Blue said. "Maybe one day." "Hey," Killian smiled walking up to us. "Killian," Blue greeted kindly. "Hi, Papa," I smiled back. "What are you doing here?" "Well, since it's your first day of school I thought I would do what someone in this world would do," Papa smiled then handed me a bag. "I brought you lunch, fish and chips." "Is that why you're really here?" I asked taking the bag. "Well, I also thought I'd check up on you," Papa admitted. "As foreseen, she's doing great," Blue told. "Ahead of each lesson so far."

"That's my little sailor," Killian smiled kissing my head. "Still haven't figured out why the dagger didn't kill me," I replied. "For that, Blue said I have to go all the way to my real parents. If that had some sort of magic." "A path you will one day be one," Blue soured. "For now, we must get to our next lesson." "Blue!" Mary Margret called rushing up to us with Emma and Marco. "Well, hello again, beautiful," Papa said to Emma. "Hook," Emma greeted. "Blue, wee need your help. August-" "I know about August," Blue confessed. "He came to me shortly after the curse broke and asked if I would return him to what he was." "Why didn't you?" Papa questioned.