Chapter 1

AUNT EM LIKED TO WAKE up fresh in the morning to make her famous eggs

AUNT EM LIKED TO WAKE up fresh in the morning to make her famous eggs. Being a late riser, you always passed up on the eggs and went straight for the coffee maker. "Hmph, you'd rather drink that dull shit over my eggs, huh?"

You let out a giggle and took a sip of your mug. "Coffee over everything, Auntie Em. It eases my anxiety."

Aunt Em chuckled, patting your shoulder. "And what are you anxious about?"

You shrugged. "I don't know, just being a new student and all."

"Well, that's normal! Besides, you're only the new kid for a few months. It'll be a cakewalk, and then you can move on to a new college and everything."

Your face lit up with optimism. "Really?"

"Really. Six months ain't never hurt anybody!" You giggled at her reply. She opened her arms in for a hug; you rolled your eyes and went in. "Also, cut it out with the cigarettes, please! I don't want that shit stinking up the house."

You nodded, giving her a small smile. "I'll try."

The car ride to school made you feel a bit on edge; Aunt Em silently hummed some gospel tunes as she drove through Miyagi. You stared down at your uniform skirt; thankfully, it didn't accentuate but conceal your curvy features.

Aunt Em's car pulled into the school driveway, bringing your anxiety to its peak. "Try to make some friends, okay? Don't make your last few months of high school boring."

"Yeah."

Aunt Em waved goodbye as you walked to the main office to grab your new schedule. The hallways were crowded, lots of people, lots of tall boys especially. You got a weird look from someone every now and then but paid no attention to it.

 You got a weird look from someone every now and then but paid no attention to it

"(Y/n)?"

No answer.

"...What are you thinking about (Y/n)?"

"O--oh, just life."

"Could you be more specific?"

"Finally, we have our two big gyms

"Finally, we have our two big gyms. The first one is used for guys and the second is for the girls."

You saw a glimpse of what it looked to be the boys' volleyball team practicing, even from your point of view they seemed pretty good. One boy caught your eye in particular, you didn't know much about volleyball but you were familiar with the positions, he was really good at spiking the ball. 

The student tourist smiled, noting your lingering curiosity. "I see you found the boys' volleyball team."

You nodded at the student tourist with a smile. "Who's the one with the brown hair?"

She chuckled. "Ooh, that's Tooru Oikawa, he's the setter/captain of the team. He's like an idol here or whatever, never really saw the hype but he's not so bad on the eyes.  Wanna go say hello?"

So that's his name. You felt your heart flutter, well maybe your stomach. Your eyes then widened, did anyone mention you were boy-shy? You quickly shook your head 'no'. "I--I think I have a good idea of how to navigate through the school. Thank you so much Aiko!"

"Uh yeah, sure. Come sit with my friends and I at lunch, it's not everyday we meet someone like you. You're so adorable!" 

You felt the heat rise inside of your cheeks. You flashed her a smile before rushing to your next class before the bell rang.