Chapter Five - Boyfriend

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"I need you to take that away!" you ordered, realizing that Ocean must be afraid of getting a shot, especially a sedative shot, after what happened with his 'girlfriend'. The doctors exchanged hesitant glances but obliged. You tried to let go of Ocean, but you knew he would only make a beeline for the door again.

"Ocean," you began, trying to get him to calm down. You stared up into his eyes and said, firmer, "Ocean, I need you to look at me, okay? I'm here with you, it's just me now. I will never do anything to hurt you, I swear on my life."

He gradually fell still and he sank down, starting to cry. You knelt down next to him, running a hand through his unkempt hair. 

"I'm sorry, Ocean, I'm so sorry. It's going to be okay." 

He let out a heart-wrenching whimper. "I don't want to hurt you again."

"You didn't, Ocean. You didn't hurt anyone," you reassured him, wiping the tears streaming down his face with the sleeve of your jumper. "I'm proud of you."

"Can you hug me, please?" he whispered. You wrapped your arms around him. Ocean buried his face in your neck and sniffled.  "She lied to me, Y/N," he trembled, his words muffled by your shirt. It was the first time he had used your name. "She was there. I heard her laughing."

You rubbed circles into Ocean's back, one hand still entangled with his hair. Just hearing about 'her' made your blood boil. She was the reason Ocean had cut all ties and moved here at eighteen. After he showed up on her doorstep, she pretended not to know him, letting her boyfriend and his friends drug and beat Ocean to within an inch of his life. The worst part is, when the police were called, she had all the support she needed to feign innocence. You hugged Ocean tighter.

"Shh, I know, Ocean. You're safe now. I won't ever let anyone hurt you again."

"You promise?"

"I promise."

You stayed like that until Ocean fell asleep, exhausted. You laid him gently down on the padded ground, as you couldn't get him onto the bed without waking him. You took your coat and the breakfast tray and left quietly, going downstairs to talk to Dr. Monroe about having Ocean's straitjacket removed.

For lunch, you made Ocean a simple chicken soup to make up for that morning. You carried it in a thick thermos to keep it warm, and you grabbed a spoon from the cafeteria. Ocean was half-asleep when you knocked on his door, and he was laying on the bed when you went inside.

"Hi, Ocean," you said softly. "How are you feeling?"

He sat up and yawned. You noticed for the first time that he was well adapted to not using his arms. 

"My head hurts," he mumbled. 

"Some warm soup might help," you offered. "Can I sit?"

He nodded, and as you were sitting down, asked, "Did you... make it?"

"Mhm! I'm not the best cook, but I thought it might be better than hospital food." 

You unscrewed the cap of the thermos, and a comforting smell wafted out. Ocean finished the entire container in five minutes, and you made a mental note to make more food for him.

"Okay, I have something to tell you," you smiled, putting your hands together in excitement. You had to bargain with Dr. Monroe for an hour to get him to agree to your terms. "We can take the straitjacket off if we can go a week without any problems."

"And then we can go outside together?"

"Of course, once we get permission."

"But, I'm dangerous. They wouldn't let me out."

"I don't think you're dangerous," you said confidently. "I trust you."

"No, you don't. You're still scared of me. I know," he breathed out.

"What makes you think that?"

"After everything I've done, you have to. That and you always sit so far away, and you keep shaking," Ocean said, sounding hurt. He was more observant than you expected, and you felt bad for being so wary of him before.

"I'm sorry, I didn't think you'd be comfortable if I got any closer, and I was shaking from the cold," you explained. You realized he probably was used to the AC. He was wearing thin pants that matched the color of the straightjacket and no shoes or socks, but he seemed rather comfortable.

"You can sit close to me from now on, I don't mind. You'll feel warmer."

You scooted closer to him, until you were only a foot away. He closed the distance between the two of you, curling up against you with his head in the crook of your neck.

"Are you less cold now?" he asked softly, and you could feel the vibrations of his voice. His behavior now was the complete opposite of what it was only yesterday. You were right- he just needed time to get used to you.

"Mhm. Thank you, Ocean."

"I like it when you say my name," he murmured under his breath. Then, a little louder, "I don't want you to stop being my doctor."

"I'll be your doctor as long as you want, Ocean."