Six weeks and she can take the protective cast off, but she has to get her stitches removed and wound checked in two weeks, or call back if there were any issues.

Other than that, she'd have a slight indent in her hand where the base of her thumb lead up to the knuckle of her index finger - her hand would be thinner than her other one and the scar would be noticeable, but honestly, she couldnt have cared less.

She had plenty of scars from her childhood already. She was used to it.

Florence was careful with her movements and kept her arm bent at her midsection, careful with it. She was drowsy and feeling a little bit sick, and over time the anger she held close to her heart previously had dissipated.

She needed to eat something, the nurse had said.

All Florence wanted then was to fall asleep on Vanya's couch for a few hours.

When she checked her phone she realised she must have accidentally knocked it onto silent mode, as she didn't remember the notification making a sound at any point.

Two hours ago she missed a message from Vanya asking if she was okay.

Assuming you've either been murdered or screwed with your phones sound again so when you see this text me back please, I worry about you - if I dont respond im at the audition! :)

Then another from half an hour ago: got something to tell you!!! Heading back to the academy, hope you're okay youd better call me back when you see this

Florence tapped over Vanyas contact name and began to call her, a small bout of guilt eating away at her conscience as she read over her friends conc ern for her wellbeing.

The tone rang for all of three seconds before the line was picked up.

"Are you okay?" Was what she heard immediately.

Florence, despite her mind being foggy due to pain and the strong drugs she had been administered, smiled.

"Sorry I worried you. I'm good, I, uh," she looked around the street, heading in the direction of the academy so she could meet up with her. "Got my hand fixed."

"Oh thank God, I did think it might get infected if you didn't. You get stitches?" She inquires curiously.

"Twenty three." She stated almost proudly.

Because it was on the hand the stitches were small and very close together, running along her palm and round the back of the hand.

A disbelieving laugh makes her heart flutter just a little.

"Should have asked them to make it twenty four."

"I did, she said my preference of an even number wasn't good enough reason." She says dryly. And she genuinely had.

There was that soft giggle again coming through the phone. Florence bit back a grin and noted what street she was passing. "Hey, if you're not there yet wait for me, will ya?"

"How far away are you? I'll give you five minutes." She jokes back seriously.

Eyes rolling, she checked the time on her phone. If she walked quick she could make it there in just over that.

"Seven." She argues back.

"Thought you hated odd numbers." Vanya quipped. "Six."

"You bitch." She smirked, almost proud. "See you soon."

The call ended and Florence dropped the phone into her pocket, wondering what it was Vanya wanted to tell her.

She wasnt entirely happy at returning to the house and hoped that the others had left just so they didn't have to interact again. If she thought about it too much, she'd get agitated all over again, so she just continued walking.