Chapter 12- Ice

EDITED

--Ice--

I hunt. I eat. I sleep. I chat. I do normal everyday activities but it doesn't feel right. I don't feel right. And it's all because of my dead friend. I don't get why the life had to leave her eyes, why we have to age, why the world keeps turning.

The only other thing I can think about is those eyes. The deep red, almost the colour of blood. The flash of understanding. What did it understand? Because it certainly wasn't that I was protecting a mother-like figure even when she's dead. I whimper at the thought of Nala. Poor, sweet, caring Nala. She didn't deserve death!

I'm staying as far away from the girls as possible, one look at either of them and I break down in whimpers and walker-like sobs. They look just like her, mainly because their her kids but still. I faintly remember their father, his fur was slightly lighter then Nala's and he had gold eyes until he was killed by walkers. Both girls inherited his eyes, Trixie's tinged with green, with their mothers build and coat.

Maybe a walk will help calm me down. I shift and walk out of my cave, noticing for the first time ever how heavy the water is. As I walk I shake off as many droplets as I can which isn't very much. All I do is follow the stream, flicking the occasional rock with my paw.

Why is life so hard to figure out? Everything's perfect for a moon or two before turning to mush again. I can't help but question the point of living. It would be easier to drown yourself. I mean, you could spend a whole night hunting to not catch anything, you could obsess over something for more winters then you could count just realise it wasn't yours to obsess over, you could realise the people you knew you didn't know at all.

I growl and kick another clump of stones. Something hits a rock behind me. I whirl around and come face to face with a pair of familiar turquoise eyes.

Yeah, I know it's short but it's more of a filler chapter. I hope your still liking the book! I'm gonna start throwing chapters at you because I'm almost at chapter 30 in my secret chapters and it sucks not knowing if you guys like the chapters or not...

-Wolfy