09

The test of courage. Going along a path as people try their best to scare the shit out of you. Fun. Right? Of course you would have a partner, maybe a group of people to go along with, but going alone? Thats a nightmare.

You stared at Midoriya as his life left his body realizing that he would have to go through the test alone. I mean you weren't participating mainly because one, you didn't want to, and two, you just didn't want to. You tapped your foot on the ground debating if you should sacrifice yourself to go with Midorya.

You stopped tapping your foot and rolled onto the heel of your foot, sighing as you did so before you began to walk over to the trembling boy. Placing your hand onto his right shoulder, he slowly turned to face you. "Y/N?" He nervously says.

You gave him a weak smile before answering, "I noticed how you didn't have a partner, so if you want me to, do you want me to go with you?"

Midoriya smiled, "Really?" He meekly said, tears filling up in the corners of his eyes. "Mhm" You smiled, starting to regret your decision, but hey, if you were in his shoes he would offer to go with you... or you would simply disappear before it got to your turn.

The boy sighs a breath of relief "Thank god, I don't know what I would've done if I had to go alone." he says placing his hand to his chest. "Don't worry, we can just be scared together." You smiled, Midoriya's expression fallening a bit noticing your trembling hands.

As the time went by, you and Midorya chatted, blocking out the yells and screams from the other groups going.

"You think they'll allow us to just run through it." You nervously asked, wiping your sweaty hands on your shirt before holding your stomach filled with nerves.
"Probably not" Midorya honestly replied. "I mean it wouldn't hurt to try!" You said trying to calm your nerves.

Moving your head in his direction you smiled, but your smile later dropped. 'Something doesn't feel right' You think to yourself as your eyes widen. "Somethings off" You say out loud carhong Midoryas attention. "Hm? What do you mean?" He asked, a bit of concern in his bouce ashe spoke.

You looked around. "Mandalay! Pixie-Bob!" You yell starting to run towards their direction. "There's—" You cut your own self off due to the purple aura now surrounding you. "Huh? What the–" You yelled now getting picked up into the air as you start flying away towards everyone else.

They all stare in horror as you crash into Pixie-Bob.
"Y/N! Pixie-Bob!" Midorya yells taking a step forwards, he soon stops looking over to Mandaly who looks worried.

'I knew I should have just stayed home' You tell yourself before a metal pillar hits your head. You felt the warm blood trickle down your forehead, furrowing your eyebrows in pain. You were still processing what was happening. 'Wait where is Pixie-Bob?' You thought about looking around with your eyes.

You find her not that far away from you, but she seemed to be knocked unconscious.

'What should I do?' You thought, 'What can I do?!'

Squeezing your eyes shut tighter, you tried to think. You tried and tried but you couldn't. Your head hurt too much, the pain and pressure from the pillar that was being pressed into your head as you sunk deeper into the ground.

'I'm losing my consciousness'
Fighting to keep your eyes open as someone next to you started to talk.

'If I... Had said something sooner!'

Your eyes drooped a bit.

'If I had reacted quicker!'

Tears were filled in your eyes causing your vision to blur.

'This wouldn't have happened'

Finally giving in, your eyes forcefully shut.

.

.

.

You slowly opened your eyes. "Huh?" You say looking at your middle school. Sakura petals were slowly falling around you as you realized where you were.

'Is this a memory?'

You look to the left. A person was standing next to you yet their face was scribbled out.

'Who are you?' You thought about looking at the student. They looked over at you. A white smiley face was marked onto the black scribbles.

They were saying something... but what was it? You couldn't tell. "What're you saying?" You ask it. They spoke again but it was the same as before, you couldn't understand what they were saying.

Suddenly the background started to fade away. You looked around as the school faded, the sakura petals glitching away.

It was just you and him now.

The kid took a step back, before we started to run.

"Where are you going?" You yelled starting to chase them, the background now changing to white.

They turned around now facing you suddenly stopping. When you finally reach him you catch your breath placing your hands onto your knees bending down.

"Y/N!" They said. You looked up, a familiar trait catching your eyes.

"Wake up!"

. . .

You squented your eyes as you opened them.
'What was with that dream?' You think, finally opening your eyes all the way.

You sat up.

'That kid though...'

'They definitely had his elbows...'

——
Oh my👀