𝟢𝟣𝟢. 𝗺𝗮𝘂𝗿𝗶𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗴𝗲𝗺𝗾𝘂𝗲

Start from the beginning

However, despite acknowledging their concern, Molly had pointedly ignored their caution and did what she had always done best. The woman wasn't sure how long her current 'okay' state would last, nor was she certain she'd ever get the chance to throw a decent gathering again - and, if there was one thing Molly Weasley loved doing, it was playing host.

She wasn't about to let some stupid disease stop her from continuing her ever-doting, motherly duties.

The Weasley's had begrudgingly fallen into line, allowing their mother the independence she'd craved over the last few weeks.

Molly grinned happily as she plated up the sausages, flicking her wand towards the eggs cooking on the stove as loud chatter filled the overcrowded Burrow. Pots and pans flew around the small interior of the kitchen, reminiscing a time before tragedy had struck the family.

With Remus and Tonks both stuck at work, it was Sirius' turn to look after Teddy. Although, Harry was doing a better job at babysitting the toddler as Sirius chatted animatedly with Arthur, Bill, and Charlie about the orphanage he and Leto had opened for all the children affected by the War.

It had taken the couple two years to get it up and running, but their efforts had been worth it when it was all completed.

Harry and Ginny were sitting on the couch in the living room, smiles stretched on their faces as they watched Adhara and Victoire gape wide-eyed as Teddy changed his hair from its usual dusty brown to a vibrant bubblegum pink.

Percy had been joined by Penelope, the pair having been dating for the last couple of weeks. Upon Asteria's insistence, the redhead had 'manned up' and taken the woman on a date to the Royal Oak Tavern - and while he'd never admit it to the brunette, he was glad of her advice.

He and Penelope had seamlessly picked up where they'd left off as if their years apart had never happened. The witch had been a vital part of Molly's care - helping the woman out on her bad days and cooking the family meals.

The couple were currently locked in a conversation with Fred, George, Hermione and Ron about the upcoming Commonwealth Quidditch Tournament. Or rather, Percy and Hermione were forced into a conversation about the upcoming Quidditch Tournament - neither one having any interest in the topic.

"I heard they put Katie Bell on the team," Penelope gossiped with an excitable smile as she sat on the arm of the chair Percy was sat in, her arm resting over the top as she held a bottle of Butterbeer in her other hand.

The fact that it was only 10 am didn't bother her - it's not as though she had work that day, and this was a celebration, after all.

Percy nodded in confirmation, clutching his own bottle of Butterbeer. It came as an odd sight for the rest of his siblings to see their usually uptight brother dressed in casual clothes and drinking Butterbeer (at all, least of all at ten o'clock in the morning) - it was another nod at how much Percy had changed over the last two years since the War.

"Kingsley wanted Asteria to sign up but she refused - mentioned something about a lack of free time but personally, I reckon she didn't want the extra attention."

Fred subtly tilted his head at Percy's words, the mention of Asteria's name stirring his curiosity - in spite of how much he despised himself for it. He didn't believe for one moment Asteria had lied about not having the time to compete in the Tournament.

He'd seen first hand just how limited her spare time was over the last few weeks they'd been working together. Despite his hatred for her lineage, Fred couldn't deny his respect for her work ethic and loyalty - when Asteria wasn't at the Ministry, she was helping her sister either in the cafe or babysitting her niece.