"don't you scare me like that again."

"i-"

the burning sensation on your body becomes unbearable and you groan, pressing your body against mikes in retaliation.

"what?" he stammers. "what is it, y/n?"

you whole body itches but your arm- it feels like it's being torn apart.

you let out a shriek and tear at you arm with your finger nails, the nails quickly cutting through the top thin purple layer of your arm.

the punctures seem to connect as you teared through them and they bled, streams of red trickling down your arm.

"stop that. you're bleeding."

"shit-" you gasp. "it's so itchy- i need- i need-"

"shushh y/n! keep it down! you know how your mother gets when you get loud-"

you cut mike off by letting out a blood curdling scream.

your body curls into itself and your finger scratch and scratch at your arm and shoulder.

you can hear mike protesting and your mother yelling something from up the trapdoor but their voices are faded and unclear.

your mother comes crashing down the stairs in a fury but stops at the door as she watched you shift about on your matress convulsing in pain, blood seeping into your yellowish white matress.

"y/n." you can hear her clearer as she comes right to you.

she's never been this close to you before.

"she needs the injections mike. give them to her."

you cry out as the pain becomes unbearable and tears stream from your face.

you feel yourself gasping for air when mike roughly lifts your head to face him.

his eyes widen, taking in your reddening eyes, white lips and purple skin and he quickly pushes you up against the wall nearest to your matress.

holding his knee to your abdomen, he hold you still as he inserts 3 syringes into your arm and your mouth starts to foam like it did a few nights ago.

you feel faint but only manage to fall into mikes arms where you hear him very faintly, cursing you for being so weak.

"weak. so weak." you hear him say.

"she's too weak to-"

someone else speaks to you now, someone worried.

"merlin." he mumbles. "she's too weak."

"to?" calls another voice.

"apparate." the deeper voice replies. "I've given her three solutions- she just won't wake."

you feel a hand on yours. "y/n."

you jolt awake again and pull a hand up to you mouth to wipe away foam that feels like it choking you.

there's nothing there.

"i-"

you look around and you are back on severus' sofa, his arm holding your head up and minerva crouched beside you, holding your small hand in her wise ones.

"i'm back." you whisper.

"back?" minerva asks. "where did you- where did you go?"

"when i fell asleep-" you turn to face severus too. "i was taken back to my family- i was in the basement again and- and- my mother was there and so was m-mike-"

"did they hurt you?" minerva asks, tenderly.

"she tried but mike protected me." you say, the words falling out with no thought whatsoever.

"she tried to throw a whole chair at me-"

"anything else?" severus asks, and you look down to see he is wiping something over your arm.

except- you can't feel it.

"what are you doing?" you ask.

"answer my question-" severus demands but you stop him.

"have- have you numbed my arm?" you ask quickly. "i can't feel it."

"among other things yes. you were tearing it up so i had to numb the entire limb."

he looks up at you. "including the inside."

"meaning?" you ask, your eyebrows furrowed in slight anger.

you were starting to get annoyed by his long drawn out- mysterious answers.

"you won't be able to move it."

your head flops the other way and you look at minerva.

she looks so pale, she might as well need some medical attention from severus too.

"i'll be okay." you tell her and she only smiles in response.

you look over at severus as he puts down the kit and bites his lip.

"what?" you ask, realising that he was in deep thought. you needed to know what he was thinking.

"i don't understand any of this-" he starts. "why nothing worked-"

"perhaps she returned to that reality-" minerva suggests, putting a hand on severus' shoulder and rubbing it.

"i thought she was dead." he said bluntly, avoiding your eyes.

"don't stress." minerva tells him.

he rests his head on the edge of the sofa, steadying his breath.

"i'm sorry." you whisper.

severus looks up, shaking his head at you.

"don't be." he cleared his throat. "this isn't your fault."

"is there anything you want to do now?" minerva asks you. "are you hungry? i bought some spare clothes for you if you want to change-"

you nod. "i think i need a shower-"

"right." minerva says. "i'll be waiting outside the bathroom with your clothes if you need me."

"i'll start making breakfast and get on inviting albus over." severus says getting up.

"thank you." you say.

the pair only look at you and smile and you know that you are safe again.