"That's more than Jason buys! You must be looking for quite a fight, eh?" the old man stood, and walked away from the chairs, behind a curtain. Melody could hear whistling and some form of shuffling against wood. "I have my workbench back here; I know I left a few cases somewhere... Oh! There it is!" Dragger returned with two hand-crafted boxes that looked heavy. "Feel free to take a look inside." 

Melody did not hesitate to open the container. Inside, she found something quite unlike what she was looking for. Even though she had never seen what Jason loaded into his weapon, she expected it to be some horrible thing, to be able to take the lives of people so effortlessly. Yet all it seemed to be was a bunch of metal pieces, rounded on one side, and flat on the other. How could something so simple and primitive looking cause so much pain and strife? 

"Everything seems in order. How much?" 

"How much you got? Mr. Dragger smiled. 

So that's how he does it. "Not much... about twenty Debts." 

"Sounds good enough to me!" Mr. Dragger reached his hardened hands out for the money. Melody handed it over. "Here are your boxes then. Care to stay a while?" Presently there was a knock on the door. Dragger turned. "Never mind then. You will have to excuse me, but I must tend to another client. Please use the back door to see yourself out. Just past my workbench." He paused for a second to address the door. "And tell your brother I said hello." 

Melody strode down the hallway as Dragger turned to the entrance to speak with his next business deal.

The street behind the shop appeared to be no different than the space out front. Except for the crowd. People were everywhere, standing around, waking from one place to another, going home, or to work. Earning money, selling materials, buying necessities. This is what Melody relished. Life at its peak.

------

Mellisa Koff was pissed off. She was one of the best marksmen of her day, and she had been forced to waste two whole handfuls worth of ammunition on one sole target. And he still wasn't dead. So she switched objectives. Right now it was more of a revenge-motivated operation, as her client wanted Jason. But she knew another chance would not arise. Her only option was to sit here, on this roof instead, and take something more precious than his own life.  

So she clutched her 30-06 Springfield close to her breast, a special weapon, as she did not know of more than two. Aiming down the sights, she could see her new target admiring the street below.  

How naive. Mellisa watched Jason's sister twist and turn in the crowd, and waited for an opening. The dry desert wind pushed against her silken red hair, causing her to stop so she could hold it down again. She aimed once more, and pressed her finger down...

------

Ryan Novak heard the shots, both of them. He had been at the scene of the first shooting when the second round of noises went off. There was no time to waste, he jumped from the second story, into a roll upon hitting the ground, and emerged into a sprint, heading towards the commotion. He knew all of Redford's ins and outs, from the brick homes to the wood, the gated entrances to the sewers that smugglers used to get merchandise in. The Reform took him in, and the promise he showed to them was what brought him here. He was an Agent, the top agent, to be exact, and this was his city. So these shootings were personal.  

Now he was back in the chase mindset. He dodged over, under and around the various people and buildings, Making sure everything was going well on his way there. There was no operation going on in that area that required any shooting of any kind; He would know because he orchestrated them. There was not much that stood between him and the target area now, so he relayed his coordinates before coming onto the scene.