Overworked

It was now October with only 4 more months until the U.A Entrance Exam. School was currently in session and something strange has been going on concerning a certain boy.

Kyouka had been noticing this for the past month since the 2nd term had started. Izuku had been acting strange this entire term and it's only been getting worse since then.

She noticed it right away when he seemed to have less energy than usual, but she figured that it was just the nerves getting to him since the exam was getting closer. But for the past couple of weeks, it's been getting more obvious that it's been impossible to ignore.

Of course, since Izuku had started training with his 4 hour sleep schedule for school days he's been obviously getting more tired. But it wouldn't be enough to really affect his performance at school and he still acted relatively normal everyday.

However, recently he's been seeming more and more tired with each passing week at an unnatural rate.

He would be falling asleep in class which became more often each week and most days he would even be late to school, making the excuse of oversleeping or losing track of time.

Every time she questioned him about it, he would always laugh it off and act like it was only a one time thing even though he would continue it the next day.

With the 7 years that she's known the boy, she's never seen him like this before. With the amount of time she's spent watching him, she knew damn well this isn't how he should be acting.

She knew something was wrong and that he was hiding something from her and she had to know what it was. She couldn't let this continue without her knowing or doing anything.

Soon the lunch bell rang and all of the students got up from their chairs to leave the classroom except for 2 students. Izuku was currently taking a nap with his head on the desk and his friend had her arms crossed as she stayed seated, looking at the boy.

Usually, his reason for staying seated was putting all of his stuff away or taking extra notes in his notebook. She could certainly understand dozing off in class once in a while, she's done it a couple of times before, but this was too much especially for him.

Every day she would hope that he would wake up on his own to show that he wasn't in that deep asleep, but it just hasn't happened yet.

Kyouka then stood up and walked over to the boy before gently shaking his shoulder. "Izuku?"

She got no response as the green haired boy stayed asleep with some drool running down his chin.

She was hoping this would be enough to wake him. She's seen him take small naps before and usually he would wake up from his shoulder being shaken.

The purple haired girl sighed before continuing to shake his shoulder, only going a little more rough than usual. "Izuku, wake up."

The quirkless boy's eyes started to slowly open as he raised his head with a tired look on his face.

"W-What...?" He muttered in a tired sounding voice as he looked up at his friend. "Oh... hey Kyouka...Did I doze off again?"

'It shouldn't be this hard to wake you up.' She thought to herself, wanting to say those words out loud to her hero.

The teen girl nodded as she put her hands on her hips. "Yes you did Izuku, it's been a minute since lunch started and everyone's gone."

"Oh my bad, I seriously need to stop dozing off in class." The young boy said as he laughed it off before standing up, putting everything in his backpack.