secrets | n.r

𝐀𝐆𝐄: 26

𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍: girlfriends, now ex girlfriends

𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒: cheating, lying i guess

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄: word count: 849 (without this authors note) so umm idk what it is with me and writing angst but it just comes naturally too me i guess. leave requests in comments or PM me if you have any! also i'm going to start giving the reader a name. i hate typing yn now and idk why lmfao.

avery pov

me and natasha's relationship has sort of taken a dip in the past couple of weeks. she hasn't been with me when you go to sleep, or wake up the next morning. she avoids me whenever we are in the same room and her schedule changed.

one morning, i woke up and head downstairs to get something to eat. as i approach the kitchen, i heard small giggles. entering the kitchen, i see the last thing i would want to see. natasha is cooking but steve is behind her with his hands around her waist. oh and by what you saw, they just broke away from a kiss.

i knew they had a close friendship but nothing as close as what i saw. or at least that's what i was told. what i saw told me otherwise. i grabbed a bowl avoiding the heart breaking sight in front of me. it was quite shocking they didn't see me or know i was in their space. i got the frutiy pebbles out the pantry, the milk out the fridge and take my cereal back to your room.

i turn on my tv and sit with my cereal crying silently. how could she do this to me? i thought she loved me! i wiped my tears and made my way back downstairs. she's not worth my tears anymore. surely she had a good reason to cheat. i grab my phone and headphones in case steve and nat were downstairs. i turn on some music and go back down the stairs humming softly.

3rd person nat pov

she was sitting on the couch with steve watching some show. when natasha turns her head, steve is leaning in for a kiss which she accepts with no hesitation. that all stops when the sound of glass hits the floor. natasha's head turns quicker than the speed of light. her face goes pale when she see's avery standing with tears in her eyes.

shit, i'm screwed.

without a word, natasha watches as avery picks the bowl and the broken pieces to place in the trash. why did i even do this? she thinks. nat then looks to steve who has a guilty look on his face. avery walks away back to her room and nat and steve can hear the door slam.

steve leaves, apologizing to nat before going to his room. natasha walks up the stairs to go to her room. walking past avery's room, she can hear quiet sobs. natasha's heart breaks hearing her cry knowing she was the cause of her pain.

natasha walks to avery's door to knock but as soon as she tries to knock, she sees her yank the door open. red eyes, pain and hatred is all natasha can see.

avery pov

seeing natasha at my door caused all of the previous events to play in my head and i just walked past her not looking back. i went to the training room and start punching a punching bag. how could she do this? punch. WHY did she do this? punch punch. i saw this coming. if only i had been a better girlfriend. punch punch punch. i had a gut feeling of it too. on my last punch, i knocked the punching bag off of the chain it was on.

sighing, i leave the training room to take a shower. after my shower, i stepped out to get new clothes but something stops me. natasha is sitting on my bed, a guilty look crossing her face. i tighten the towel that's on my body and avoid her. "can you please leave so i can change in peace?" i ask but not really asking, sort of demanding nat to leave.

once i'm done, she comes back in and sees me pacing around the room. anger, pain, hatred all in my eyes that i'm positive she can see. natasha sits back on my bed and i continued pacing. i stop and look at her. she looks down, "i'm so sorry avery" she whispers

"SORRY!? ALL I GET IS A SORRY!" i yell but i stop and scoff "of course that's all i get," tears rise in my eyes but i blink them away. "natasha, how long have you and steve been doing this?" my voice barely above a whisper.

"a little over a month"

tears silently streamed down my face but i quickly relaxed. she's not worth my tears. "i don't even know why i'm upset. clearly you're happy with steve and i can't take that from you-"

"he doesn't make me happy the way you do though avery," she pleads

"clearly he does because you wouldn't have cheated." i snapped and she stayed silent knowing that i'm right. "you can be with steve nat, if that's what you want."

"can we at least be friends avery? i don't want to let you go completely and i don't think that you would want to either." natasha looks at me with hopeful eyes and i soften just a little bit.

"if it means me re-gaining your trust," i say causing her to smile a little and she nods at me. she gets up to hug me and i hug back. a habit i gained in the 8 years of knowing her.

"again, i'm sorry, i shouldn't have done it," she whispers to me.

"there's nothing to be sorry for now tasha. but i guess i'll see you around"

-