Your choice

A few days have passed and Steve hasn't left your side. Everyone keeps checking in on you but you feel fine. You haven't had any repeated episodes, if anything you seem to of developed an inner warmth, the face of who you believe to be your mother keeps flashing in your mind, but it doesn't bring pain, quite the opposite, when you see her face, you smile, she is the most beautiful woman you have ever seen, long auburn hair, fair skin, freckles over her nose and cheeks, with the warmest smile.
***
You've woken up early today,Steve still asleep on your chair, as he has been for the past two nights. You quietly sneak past him, grab a jumper and leave your room. You just need some time by yourself.
You make a coffee, pick up a blanket from the lounge and head outside.
You sit outside and watch the sun rise, if only you could bottle up this moment for when its not so easy.
You rest your head back and take in the feeling.
"Good morning Miss Hunter"
You don't open your eyes or lift your head.
"Good morning Mr Stark"
"Do you mind if i join you or would you rather be alone"
"No, feel free" you scoot over and raise your blanket to share with him
You both just sit there taking in the peace.
"You fancy joining us today Agent Hunter?
"And where would we be going?"
"We need to all train together, we need some open space, somewhere we can cause damage and it not be a problem, so would you like to?
You frown and raise your eyebrows to him
"Is this just so you can all keep an eye on me?"
"Well, i wont lie, it partly is, however you are progressing quickly with controlling your powers and emotions since the last dose, Thor and Loki have been very impressed with you during training, especially Loki, he came away from the session yesterday without bleeding." You chuckle
" Agent Hunter, i think its time you start training with us, see where you're strengths are within our team"
"It does however mean another dose, i think you're ready, if anything happens, we will all be there to help"
"Sure Mr Stark what ever you think is best, and thank you, you wont regret this i promise"
He smiles
"Oh i nearly forgot, This is for you."
He passes you a sliver bracelet with a Stone the same colour as your necklace
"What is this Mr Stark?"
"Press the stone if you ever get into trouble, i will find you"
"Thanks"
you grin from ear to ear. Today is defiantly a great day!
"Oh there you are"
"My babysitter has found me" you smile at Steve
"Im just making sure you're ok"
"I know, I'm only joking, its very sweet" you peck him on the cheek.
"Right I'm going to get ready, shall i come to you before we go Mr Stark?"
"Yes, i will be in my lab in about an hour, so come down when you're ready"
You head back inside.
"What was that about?"
Steve takes your place on the chair
"Shes joining us today for training"
"And you think thats a good idea? What if she can't control her emotions?, what if she feels pain again, i think its too soon Tony, you're pushing her too much"
"She needs to train her powers Rogers, how else will she learn how to control them? You cant keep watch of her forever you know, just because you were there when she reacted badly last time, doesn't mean it was your fault, anything could of triggered it"
"What if it happens and shes alone Tony? Has that crossed your mind"
He hangs his head
"More than i care to admit, but i just have to hope she isn't"
"Shes having her third dose before we train, we will all be there incase anything happens, its the best way to make sure shes safe"
"I don't want her to be in pain or hurt Steve, quite the opposite. thats why I'm doing this, so after all this is over she never has to feel like that again"
***
"Not too sore are you Buck?"
You get back to the tower after your group training.
"You didn't have to come at me like that"
"Well next time you keep talking about my arse, maybe you will talk a-bit quieter" you wink at him.
"Well it is great, and in that suit, its something else"
"I can go again if you want?"
He laughs "you're on form today H, you were impressive out there, take it things have been feeling much better?
You cant hide your smile.
"I feel alive Buck" "i cant explain it but..."
"You don't have to, i know exactly how you feel" he pulls you into him from the side
You can see Tony making his way over to you
"Hey Miss Hunter, great work out there today"
"Thanks Mr Stark"
"Care to join me, i would like to run some tests?"
"Sure, I will just go and grab a drink then meet you there"
You open the door to Tonys lab, he's stood shirtless
"Oh" you smile at him
"Sorry, thought id grab a quick shower first"
"Well" you walk through the door "Shame I'm too late"
He raises an eyebrow at you and smirks
You walk over to the table
"No bruce?"
"he's still a bit green" "so just me for now"
Tony does all the tests then collects the data.
You sit at the end of the table and watch him work.
"How many doses are left Mr Stark?"
"Erm just the 1 Agent Hunter"
You stand up and join him at his desk
"Why don't we just do it now?
He looks up and takes off his glasses
"Well your first plan was to give it to me all in one go, was it not?"
"Ive felt amazing today Mr Stark, maybe This is it, maybe the reaction i had the other day was just a one off."
"We cant be sure of that Miss Hunter"
"Come on Mr Stark, whats the point in waiting around for a few days, may as well do it now and then hopefully i can start to really feel"
You run your fingers over his arm
"You want that for me too, dont you?
"Of course i do, but,"
"But what Mr Stark, what if i react badly? Well i would do either way, im ready, i wasnt before, but i am now, i feel stronger than ever, im starting to feel alive, when i was pumped full of stuff before i didnt have a choice, but now i do, so please, can we do it now?"
He looks at you, he can't argue with that. The image of you on the tape fills his mind, *shes right, she didn't have a choice back then* he thinks to himself.
"Ok Miss hunter, if this is really what you want to do?"
" it is, it really is" He injects you with the last vile of the serum
"plus, I'm sure Steve will be keeping an eye on me anyway" Tony rolls his eyes as you turn around
"I bet you both have Lots fun im sure" he mutters
"a problem Mr Stark?"
"Oh no, none at all"
"ummm your face is telling me different?" You walk over to him, placing your hand on his chest
"Would you rather you kept an eye on me...Tony?"
He looks down at your lips and kisses you, pushing you backwards onto his desk, knocking everything onto the floor as he does. his hands are all over you and yours over him. You kiss him deeply, he goes to unzip your suit when you hear a forced coughing.
You both stop, get up and move away. Nat is standing with her back to you
"Finished?" She asks " glad i didn't walk in any later"
"oh we were just..." she looks at Tony questioning what he is about to say.
"no, no i can't think of anything to get us out of that"
She looks at him then back at you, " i came to talk to you about something Tony, but first do you mind if i steal agent Hunter for a moment?"
You walk out into the hallway
"what was that?"
"is this still part of your stupid game?"
"is that what you think? i know the game is a little bit far fetched, but i dont hear anyone complaining do you?
she looks to the door
"well then, was this part of it?"
"No"
"so then what?" " you dont feel anything, so is it all just for fun? Because i know you don't realise, but you can hurt people that way"
you question her
"has someone said something to you Nat, you seem very defensive, do you like one of them? Is that it? I will back off, just tell me who."
"My god no, its not that"
"Then what is it? They're all grown men, they decided to join in"
"Its not my place to say, just please be careful, when you get your emotions back, you may have more to deal with than you think"
You stay silent for a second, contemplating whether to say anything or not.
"Fine, its just when I'm with him i feel something, with Tony" you sit down and put your head in your hands. " i cant explain it, i don't know if its a good or a bad feeling, but i only get it with him, its like i need to be around him, be close to him and it comes back, the more i feel it, the more i think i will understand what it is"
"And have you told him about this?"
"Of course not, he probably already thinks I'm crazy being the way i am, how can i explain to him a feeling i have no idea what is?"
Nat smiles at you
"How long have you been having this feeling? Since you started the serum?"
"No" you shake your head "before that"
She hugs you.
"i hope one day soon, this all begins to make sense for you" she smiles at you and heads back into the lab.