Chapter Three

I woke up and saw Thomas and Newt and they smiled. " Newt.. Thomas.. " I saw and they looked at me, I seen smile go on there faces. Newt was coming to hug me and then Thomas came to hug me before Newt could. " Madison I am so sorry I ignored you before! Please forgive me. " Thomas said and let go of the hug. " Yeah I forgive you " I said with a smile and Thomas went to tell the others and I saw Newt and he kinda looked mad and sad.

" Newt.. " I said.

" yeah?" He said looking at me.

" Can I have a hug? " I said and smiled and before I know it we hugged and it was the best feeling. Hugging him.

After the hug Newt sat beside me and Alby and Thomas came in.

" Madison.. If a griever didn't get you. what did? " Alby asked.

" I was running from a griever and I fell and hit my head.. The griever came close to me and it almost grabbed me but I moved in time and I forced myself to stand up. Then it jumped on me and I rolled under it and then I got a lot of scratches from it and when I hit my head before it caught up with me and I passed out.. I don't know why the greiver didn't kill me or stung me or whatever.. " I replied looking down.

" what time did you pass out? " alby asked me.

" Well i don't know.. " I said.

" your lying.. " Alby said and standed up.

" How the bloody hell would you know. " newt said to Alby.

" Grievers would of killed her, Tell us what really happened " Alby said.

Thomas sat in the other chair beside me and  Newt.

" Ben.. was... still.. alive.. " I said slowly.

they looked shocked.

" I ran from a griever and then Ben jumped on me and trying to Choke me. He was scratching me and kicking me and I got away but then I fell and Hit my head but I didn't pass out right away. Things were just getting blurry. A griever came and took Ben and I got up and ran. Then I passed out and I guessed the grievers didn't find me.. " I took a breathe.

" How would ben even survive- " Thomas said and looked down.

" What are you thinking? " Alby asked him.

" Maybe who ever put us here did that on purpose- like they knew Gally would do that and they were trying to kill her " Thomas said.

" That could be.. Well I am going back to work you guys should too " Alby said and walked out.

" I will go see if you can leave " Thomas said and walked out leaving me and Newt alone.

" I'm so sorry that happened to you.. " Newt said.

" its not your fault Newt. " I said taking Newt's hand and he smiled and I smiled back.

Thomas walked in and saw our hands. His expression went completly different. Me and Newt let our hands go. " The doctors said you could go.. " Thomas said and left.

I got up out of bed and realized I was wearing newt's shirt.

" did you want your shirt back Newt? " I asked him and looked down.

" Nah, Just give it back when your done, I will just wear this shirt for now " He said and chuckled.

I couldn't help but blush, I mean he gave me his shirt to use.

I walked out of the med-jacks and saw Chuck and instantly ran up and hugged him.

" hey hey I missed you too! " Chuck said and laughed. I laughed too.

I seen Newt heading to go work with the farmers. " Come on Madison lets go eat " Chuck said.

Me and Chuck went and sat down beside Mihno.

" I see your still wearing your boyfriends shirt " Mihno said taking a drink of water.

" Were not dating.. " I said to Mihno kicking him.

" Ya need to stop kickin there " Mihno said and chuck laughed.

" So why has Thomas attitude been changing a lot " I said while taking a drink.

" I think he likes you " Mihno said and I spit out my drink on him.

" Gross " Mihno said and chuck laughed like crazy.

I ran off and sat in front of the maze doors, just to think.

" Hey there Maddy " Newt said walking up and sitting beside me.

" hey.. " I said.

" What are you looking at? " Newt said.

" nothing.. Just thinking.. " I said and I put my hand down right where Newts hand was and I didn't noticed in till we looked at each other.

We both turned back to the Maze.

" about what? " Newt said.

" Mihno said Thomas likes me.. "

" Oh " Newt scratched the back of his head.

" I never thought of him that way.. I love him as a friend not anything else.. I just want to be friends with him again " I told Newt while I put my head on his shoulder.

" Tell him that. " Newt said.

" Your right.. I will.. " I said and ran off.

I found Him sitting under a tree and I walked up and sat beside him.

" hey.. " He said.

 " hey thomas.. " I said..

" so Mihno told me.. that you liked me.. " I said slowly and Thomas looked at me.

" He wasn't spose to tell you.. Listen Maddy.. I didn't realize I liked you in till we started hanging out more.. Its okay if you don't like me back " Thomas said.

I grabbed his hand. " Listen Thomas, I love you.. as a friend and your my best friend and I don't want to loose that. " I said and he smiled.

" I also don't want to loose our friendship. " Thomas said and we stood up and we let go of our hands and we headed back and sat down with Mihno, Newt and Chuck.

" hey guys. " Mihno said.

" So did you talk to Thomas about- " I cut chuck off.

" yeah " I said.

" So you dating..? " Mihno asked.

" Nah, were gonna stay best friends. " Thomas replied.

" what about you and Newt? " Chuck said.

" what about us..? " newt said.

" Nevermind " Mihno said elbowing Chuck.

We all headed so we could go to sleep, I took Newt's shirt off still having mind under it and I passed it to him.

" Thanks " I said.

" No problem now you get to sleep, You need it " He said and walked away.

Then I fell straight asleep.