Shower

Prompt: Hunter has a bad day. Maybe you can cheer him up?
Warnings: No NSFW, I promise.
Notes: Pretty dang short. Including these words, it's a small 364 words.

You wouldn't call yourself an expert on reading other people's emotions, but the moment Hunter walked into the building, you could instantly tell something had happened. You decided it would be best to wait until you were alone to comment on it however.

So here you were, sitting (in front of your boyfriend) in the bathtub/shower, washing Hunters battle-stained hair. Neither of you had spoken a word since you had gotten in the shower, so the only noise was the sound of water running. It was - for once - peaceful. "So, is this a victory wash, or a stress relieving one-?" You finally asked, breaking the silence. All he did was sigh, an obvious answer to your question. "....Do you wanna talk about it?" Yet another barely audible sigh emitted from Hunter. "You really wanna hear about it?" Even though he wasn't facing you, he knew you had nodded and began to spill about his day.

You had finally finished washing his hair with unscented (just incase the smell unsettled him) shampoo when he had stopped talking.".....Hm.." You watched the bubbles run down his hair as you thought of a response to comfort him. "It looks to me that you were doing the right thing." You applied the conditioner, which was important to the health of his lengthy hair. "You counted your losses, learnt from your mistakes and picked the best solution." You explained, fingers gently crossed his hair. "We wouldn't be in that situation if I hadn't made that mistake in the first place." He replied. "It doesn't matter that you made a mistake, Hunter. All that matters is that you corrected it and saved your team. Don't you think-?"
"....I guess..." Silence again; the only noise was the shower and your soothing humming. You had finally finished washing his hair and smiled. "There, all clean now-!" Hunter turned to give you a warm kiss, clearly greatful for everything you had done for him. "What would I do without you, (Y/n)-?"