𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞 || 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐬

Start from the beginning

     The woman is spending more and more time at the Cameron's household with Ward, working on a 'project' that no one seemed to know about.

     The teen rolled over in her bed hoping to find the sarcastic blonde haired boy beside her but all she felt were the soft sheets. She let out a huff of air, before getting out of bed. The girl walked to her dresser to get some clothes for the day, but when she was about to open a drawer, she spotted a piece of paper on her desk. It wasn't there before so Francine leaned over and picked it up.

    'Sorry for leaving so early, be ready by 9 i'll be outside the window. Pogue mission.

     -JJ xx'

     The dark haired girl widened her eyes as she ran to her night table to grab her phone. It was 8:30 so she had enough time to get ready since she never really put effort in her looks normally.

     Francine grabbed a pair of light denim shorts and white crop top to wear since it seemed like a hot day outside. Out of nowhere she heard her lock click on her bedroom door. Her mind immediately got ready for the yelling of her mother, and the criticism of how she embarrassed her last night so she shut her eyes tightly and braced herself. After the footsteps entered her room, there was no yelling, everything was silent.

     Finding it odd, the girl opened her eyes to find her stepfather with a frown on his face. His eyes seemed sad and sympathetic as he closed the door. Francine furrowed her brows as she took in his whole expression, she's never seen Christopher look this devastated, he was always smiling. She immediately thought the worst, thinking that someone had died. John B immediately popped in her brain, but they said he was fine last night. What if something else came up?

"Chris, what's wrong?" The girl asked as she took a step closer to the man.

He fidgeted with his hands a little bit, making Francine move her attention to the papers resting in them. Christopher shook his head as he thought of the right way to say what he wanted. "Franny, your mother isn't happy, not after what you pulled last night. After she found out I knew about it, she was livid. I couldn't stop her-"

     Francine cut him off, not understanding where he was going with this, "Stop what? We knew she wouldn't be okay with it, you knew?"

     "Let me finish, I don't know how to say this but- but she wants to send you away." Christopher sighed after speaking, waiting for the girl's reaction.

     Francine stood there, staring blankly at him, "Excuse me? She wants to what?"

     "S-send you away," He stuttered, expecting her to get angry. "You have an aunt in The Bahamas who was glad to take you in for the rest of the summer. She feels you'd be safer, she explained to me last night, Francine, these kids-"

     "Why the fuck do she think that'll help!" The girl yelled, making Christopher flinch from her volume, she definitely got her temper from her mother. "Don't tell me you think that they're bad kids Chris? I thought you were better."

     "Honey you don't know what these kids have gotten themselves into, both your mother and Ward are trying to talk them out of it, he even adopted John B thinking it'll help out." Christopher explained and after seeing the confused expression on the teen's face, he continued. "They're into some dangerous stuff that could easily get them killed."

     Francine's face paled after hearing his sentence, did they know that the pogues were going after the Merchant gold? It sounded an awful lot like it.

It wasn't like they needed any help from the two adults. The teens knew what they were getting into when they started, at least she hoped they did.