Blood on the Flower

[Warning: Mature Content]

Blood On The Flower
By: moonbugwrites

It was the last sunlight of the day when a man came out of his beloved haven. Slowly, he took steps that no one would ever notice or hear. It was already midnight, so everyone was asleep, except for him. He didn't have plans to sleep yet. He likes ruining his sleep schedule and endulge to his favorite game every night until dawn. That was his life. Playing video games at night, sleeping during the day, repeat.

The churning inside his belly was loud and full of agony, demanding to be fed, full course. He sure feels regret about skipping dinner alright. Yeah, the mind gave him a thought of it.

Well, can you blame him? He just wanted to finish a boss battle.

He turned his head upwards to the clear, shining night sky. His forehead creased on why it was so clear, and the stars were still shining so bright, it blinded him. He then fished out his phone from the pocket and unlocked it to check today's weather.

The phone shows wrong results. His phone says it is cloudy but the sky never says so. If the phone says it is cloudy, it is cloudy. But how come the night sky is shining its billion stars? He is starting to get skeptical.

Was the phone lying to him or is it the night sky? Why is the weather different from his phone than to the actual sky? He made sure he set up the phone to be factual about certain things, and yet the phone didn't show up factual results. He shook his head and sighed out of annoyance. Why would he even think about the weather?

No wonder he doesn't have a girlfriend.

He shrugged his shoulders and walked down the usual pathway to his favorite convenience store. Ah, the convenience store. Right next to the corner where you need to walk down a dark, haunting alleyway with the streetlights broken because... reasons.

He hates this part of taking the pathway to the convenience store. Sure, the convenience store was just around ten blocks away, but not when you still need to walk down the dark, haunting alleyways. It was like a nightmare to him. He is afraid of the dark, such irony to a man who sleeps during the day and plays at night.

"Okay self, time to throw out your fear and be brave. You don't wanna find your body in this alleyway, right? So, better be fast and think straight!" He said to himself.

Talking to himself was one way of easing the fear building up his sleeve. It is his way of therapy against his fear of the dark, or in other terms, nyctophobia.

"Fuck, I can't do this," he thought as if it was the devil whispering to his beloved ears.

"Then get your shit together! You don't wanna die of hunger! So run, asshole, run!" The other side of mind advising him, like an angel singing his harmonic songs.

Then, he ran like a pussy who was scared of mysterious energies lurking in the dark. He didn't mind what was surrounding him because his mind is occupied with escaping the dark alleyway.

Heart pumping so fast, bullets of sweat dripping down his head, and of course the goosebumps forming all over his body. He doesn't mind if he trips or not, as long as he is near the double sliding door of the convenience store, he can finally take a break against fear. All he could care was the hunger consuming him, and the feeling of finally eating his favorite meal.

The wind of the night howls so loud that it embraced his orange tanned skin. His body shivered as he ran down the pathway due to the decreasing temperature the wind brought him.

His legs were starting to shake, as he endlessly ran towards the light. His forehead creases and wonders, why is it taking him too long to arrive at the doors of the convenience store? Last time he checked, it only took him 10 minutes to arrive, but why does it feel like forever?