Chapter 11

Chapter 11

~Morgan~

Morgan was in a great mood this morning. If anyone had asked her why she was so happy, she would've just said that it was a beautiful day out today, but deep down she knew the truth. Spending time with Marcus and his bosses over at Havana last night had been the highlight of her week. Marcus had made her feel so light and happy inside, and she didn't want to let go of that feeling anytime soon. The way he had thanked her so sincerely for accompanying him, and the way he had hugged her afterward, holding her in his arms and gazing into her eyes... it was magic. The feelings he evoked in her caused her to step away from him and rush out of the place, almost afraid of what she would have done if he stayed in his arms for only a few more seconds.

But the way Marcus had looked at her... Morgan would be lying if she said it didn't feel good to have him look at her like that. It had been ages since a guy had looked at her like that.

While Morgan knew she was completely over Justin and his dumb cheating ass, his actions had left her feeling extremely insecure for a long time after their breakup. As silly as it was, when they broke up she had convinced herself he wouldn't have cheated if she had been prettier or if she had tried harder to be sexy for him. Or maybe she was just boring as hell and that's why Justin didn't want to be tied down to her anymore. 

They were stupid thoughts, but they still pervaded Morgan's consciousness like a plague, and it took her awhile to realize that it was Justin who was the insecure one - not her. Any man who felt the need to find validation for his masculinity outside of his relationship was nothing but insecure.

Good riddance.

But of course, Morgan knew that there were still good men out there. Men like her brother Aiden, or like Leon... and of course, like Marcus. Morgan couldn't help but feel a little flutter in her stomach when she thought about Marcus: he really was a great guy, and she felt very fortunate to have met him. The fact that he was helping her out with her situation at work made her all the more appreciative of him too. Of course, she was helping him out by agreeing to attend his cousin's wedding, but she was happy to do it.

Spending time with Marcus was so... effortless. She supposed that was what made this arrangement between them so enjoyable, and Morgan didn't want to let go of that feeling anytime soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morgan had been working all morning on the vendor lists for the Vershafsky Law website launch party, and she now stepped out of her office to head to the copy room to make copies of them. As she walked across the office, passing by and greeting several of her coworkers, she noticed Justin standing near a cubicle with a beautiful blonde woman.

Of course she's here today.

Jackie looked stunning - well, she looked stunning most of the time when Morgan saw her - but today she was wearing a sexy black top with a plunging neckline and white skinny jeans paired with strappy heels. She and Justin were talking, their heads close together and giggling in the way that couples do. They looked as if they were about to start making out when they both heard Morgan approach.

Jackie