Hange looked at the girl before quickly grabbing on to her and walking ahead. "Wait, so in the book. There was another wall built before the Titans first appeared? And shortly after reports of screams coming from said Wall? That's when the first Titan appeared?" Hange asked quietly.

Kyra pressed her lips together before nodding, "Correct."

Hange frowned slightly, "Then my theory is holding more truth than I had hoped. As for rumbling, I have never heard of it before. Was that all it said?" Hange asked.

"Yes. It had nothing else." Kyra replied quietly.

"Okay, for the mean time don't tell anyone else about this information." Hange instructed.

Kyra nodded, "Right."

They walked slower allowing for the others to catch up. Kyra turned around hearing Eren gasp.

"Are you okay?" Mikasa asked in concern.

"What's wrong? You're shaking. Are you scared?" Armin asked.

"Huh? No! Of course I'm not scared." Eren said defensively.

"But...look at your hand. Seems like nerves to me." Armin commented.

"This is just 'cause it's cold out here! I feel like my hand's gonna freeze off." Eren defended.

"Is that all it is? I've been shaking a bit, too. And I'm terrified. Just look at me. I can't really tell if you've ever been afraid of Titans. That fear is all-consuming for most people. It was for me. The first time I saw a Titan in the flesh, I was so frightened I couldn't move. Yeah. I was gonna die. Then you came and pulled me out of a Titan's mouth. But how did you do it? Where did you find the strength?" Armin asked.

"I had a flashback...to the day that you showed me your parent's book. Before then, I'd never even considered the world beyond the walls. I would just spend my days staring up at the clouds. But then, I heard your story and saw the look in your eyes. They were filled with this amazing dream. Like nothing I'd known for myself. That's the day I realized that I had never been free. The world was as vast as our cage was small. Those monsters had stolen it from us. Once I realized that, I couldn't forgive them. Couldn't tell you why, but... when I think of that lost freedom...I feel strong. Fearless in a way. Thanks for that, Armin. I'm good now." Eren said with a smile.

"So you were scared?" Kyra teased causing Eren to gasp before scoffing.

"No! But not everyone can look a Titan in the eyes and remain calm!" Eren protested.

Kyra shrugged indifferently. "If you've experienced the worst, what's there left to be afraid of?"

Kyra moved the light up looking at her surroundings. She stopped touching a tree that had deep cuts in the bark. She moved her hand tracing the markings before spotting a knife in the tree. "Ah, you're still standing even after all that's happened." Kyra mused out before she continued walking.

"Know what? This time next year? I bet we'll be looking out at the sea." Eren said.

Kyra stopped hearing the running water. Mikasa stopped as well.

"This area. It's familiar. I think... we came here for firewood." Mikasa recalled.

Kyra looked back and nodded, "Yes. We just passed the tree I used for target practice." Kyra informed.

Eren gasped.

"I see the foot of the mountain! There are signs of a trail ahead!" A soldier exclaimed causing everyone to gasp and look at the man.

"Well, looks like we're close." Eren said turning to Mikasa.

"I'm pretty sure I can hear the river." Mikasa commented.