Prologue

Prologue.

So here I sit waiting for my dad to pick me up. I was supposed to be going to my best friend's house with her after school. But half way to her house dad had rang me and told me I wasn't allowed to go. Dad didn't even give me a reason to why, he's so annoying like that.

Dad told me to meet him at the local park. So here I am on the swing with my iPod plugged in; full blast, with the afternoon sun shining on me. I just love February weather.

 I hadn't realised I was singing out loud when I saw a guy staring at me as he sat down on a bench not too far away from me. I shut my mouth and got off the swing. Can't dad just hurry up? This dude is real creepy he's full on staring at me. He looks about late thirties, light unusual brown coloured hair, pale skin and dark sunglasses. He's wearing dark blue jeans and a white long sleeved shirt. Turning my head away from him I got off the swing and walked over to a bench on the other side of the park. Just to get some distance between me and the creep.

A couple minutes passed as I started to get annoyed. My dad had told me he would be here in five minutes; it's almost been a half hour. I might as well start walking home.

Turning my head to see if the creep was still there I came up with the decision that if he is there I'll stay and if he isn't I'll start to walk home. I really don't want a creep following me home, knowing where I live.

Looking at the bench where he once sat, I sighed in relief when I saw he wasn't there. I slung my bag over my shoulder and went to stand up. Thank god he wasn't there. But I thought too soon as a hand closed over my mouth. I tried to scream but nothing came out. The hand was covering both my nose and my mouth so I was running low on oxygen.

I looked around to see if anyone was around. But of course there were no people or cars in sight.

Trying hard I managed to slightly turn my head to see the face. It was the face of the creep. I started flinging my hands up at him, trying unsuccessfully to hurt him.

The creep dragged me to my feet. I tried screaming again. He kicked me in my shin, pain shot through my leg.

Tears started to roll down my cheeks as he dragged me into a bush. He hid us at the edge of the park where nobody would see us, but we could see everything. Just then a car pulled up. Tears started coming quicker now as I realised it was my dad's car.

As my dad got out of his car I tried wriggling around to loosen the grip of the creep, he didn't even budge. My dad's eyes grazed over the whole park, his eyes once falling on the spot where we sat hidden, I knew he wouldn't be able to see me. I again tried screaming but again I failed.

I watched through tears as my dad got in the car and slammed the door angrily and drove away.

The hand around my mouth tightened as I felt a hard whack against the side of my head. The whole world went black.

~~~~~

A startling bang awoke me from my deep sleep. That was a really strange and frightening dream I thought as I opened my heavy eyelids. I looked around the dark room in confusion.

 Where am I? I sat up panicked, wincing from the pain that shot through my body.

My head started throbbing; I brought my aching arm up to the side of my head. I felt wetness and as I drew my hand away from my head so that I could see my hand covered in red. Blood. My blood.

I slowly turned my sore head to see around the almost dark room. Ignoring the pain I jumped off the hard mattress that I had been sitting on. The mattress had been placed randomly in the middle of the cold room; there were dark stains on most parts of the mattress. I knew well enough that the dark stains where blood.

The walls all around me were concrete and there weren't any windows. There was only one door, it faced the bed. Silent tears started rolling down cheeks as sudden realisation came to me.

Please be a dream, please! I pleaded to myself as the door barged opening causing me to jump and fall onto the bed. A shadow of a man stood in the door, "Katelyn," He said my name in a devilish voice. "You're finally awake. It's about time." He spoke as he came towards me. I inched away from him.

This defiantly wasn't a dream. Giving up all hope and believing that this is real. More tears escaped my eyes

"Did you miss me?" I started to scream, but the creep was too quick and put a gag in my mouth and reached for my hands.

•••

Sitting upright in my bed, frightened from my memory. I took deep calm deep breaths. Chanting: 'Only a memory. Not happening. He's gone. He's dead. He can't hurt me anymore. I'm safe. Forget. Just forget it.' But it's hard to forget! I complained to myself. I swung my legs over my bed and put my head in my hands.

I'm Katelyn, Katelyn Star. I'm fifteen.  I live with my Dad who hates me. Whenever I asked about my Mum, Dad would always tell me that she ran away from me and him when I was only a baby. But now I know the truth.

Star isn't legally my last name, I gave myself that surname. I was only little when I did it because I was a lonely child and would always make wishes to the stars for an actual family, thinking that if I changed my last name to Star my wishes would come true.

One thing I did learn from that was: Never give up on hope. Just keep believing.

So here's my story.

   © Britney S.

____________________________________________________________

Hey Guys!

This is a new story i have started... :)

Please tell me what you think :)

Vote? Comment? Would mean heaps!!! 

Thnx. Britta.xx