part 3

(start of flashback)

8 ½ hours ago

I stand outside of room 105, crap it's her chambers. Why would she want me here, I want to up and leave and not turn back, but I can't. She'll punish me more, she has the power so why not.

I rap my fist on the door lightly. She opens it with a sly smile, looking the same as do I. She beckons me to come in but I don't.

"It's late," I insist. "Please make it quick."

"You don't want to have a conversation with me? Some might call our relationship... Ex best friends."

I scoff. Her hands land on the small of my back, pushing me lightly into her chambers. I walk in as she wants me to, my head spins thinking about what she wants from me.

"I miss you y/n," She says with her back against the closed door. Every shade is closed too. "I miss our conversations, I miss our laughs."

I'm speechless, she looks sincere and hurt. "Kuvira I- I miss it too."

"Why can't we just go back to that," She paces around her room, significantly bigger than mine. A love seat pushed in front of a TV, next to the entrance, and a king-sized bed across the room. It's neat, almost looks like no one lives here. She doesn't make eye contact with me when she talks. I can tell it's hard for her with feelings. "It was easier, I always felt I could talk to you, but now I don't trust anyone with that kind of stuff."

I reach out to her, I feel bad. She lets me hold her hand, but I don't say anything.

"I only trusted you." She huffs under her breath.

(end of flashback)

I try to carry on my day without thinking of her. But she's everywhere, this is her train. My body aches, and I have to constantly hold my temple and think. But when it's time, I still end up doing my job, teaching benders how to fight, without bending. This was Kuvira's idea, maybe that's the reason she recruited me in the first place, to use me. As she did last night.

I pass Kuvira a couple of times in the hallways, she holds her head high and doesn't make eye contact, but for me, it's the opposite. I constantly check if she's looking at me, look down between breaks, and get nervous when I can sense her in the room.

Days pass without a single word to my dear boss, the boss where I have a normal relationship. I try not to think about it still, but suddenly I understand why she did. She's lonely, she's stressed. And years ago when she's stressed, or lonely, Kuvira would talk to me. And she thought she could still do the same. I have a sudden urge to talk to her, comfort her. I did miss our relationship but it's strictly professional now. But who says bosses and workers can't have a good relationship.

(start of flashback)

She kisses me lightly at first, hand on my waist, my hand on holding her strong jaw. I don't resist, which only makes her do more. Our tongues lightly touch and our breathing heavy.

We pull away for a second to look at each other, never have I thought about kissing my boss, this is some sick relationship.

"Is this okay?" She asks politely.

I nod lightly and pull her back towards me again, crashing her lips into mine. My hands slip to the back of her head. This almost feels familiar, it's not like I've kissed her before, but it feels right and so new at the same time.

We move towards the end of her bed, her sitting down and my legs spread around her waist, not once did we disconnect our lips. She strips her gloves off and lets her warm hand press against my back. Slipping her hands under my shirt, I almost flinch.

This is wrong, I think. I should stop, I should but... I don't.

She tugs at my shirt lightly and breathes heavily. "May I?" She asks again.

I don't answer and strip my shirt off for her, I reposition myself to lean over her so she looks up at me.

My hands trace her back muscles through the thick fabric separating her skin from mine.

"Take it off," I almost demand it. "please," I add.

She does as I say, I have power over her, never have I seen Kuvira do as someone says. She's the boss, but not now. Kuvira wears another layer of clothes, a cotton tank top. Doesn't bother me anyway. I slip my hands towards the straps, and let the tank top fall off her shoulders.

Her hands climb up my back and trace my bra clasps. I pull away and give her a slight nod for a second and go back to kissing her. My bra clasps come undone and my breasts are bare, exposed, to my boss. Holy Crap.

My fingers trace her muscles on her arms, she's so vulnerable right now, but so was I.

(end of flashback)

"Talk to me," I demand standing in front of her desk. She's startled but doesn't jump.

"Y/n," She rubs her temple from distress. "Have you been avoiding me?"

"No," I lie. "Well, yes. You understand why I did though." I stumble around my words, which is exactly what I didn't want to do. It took so much willpower to come and speak with her, but what is there even to say?

"Did you mean it?" I ask, making intense eye contact with her. "When you said you missed me?"

"Of course I did y/n, you don't believe me?" She has that same stress look on her face.

"I don't know what to believe anymore-"

"I didn't mean to manipulate you, or however you took it." Kuvira stands up from her desk. "I do miss you, every day. I don't like our relationship now y/n, I miss our old us."

"I do too, Vira." I hesitate to use our old nicknames, It could spark something bad, or make her smile.

She smiles. "I miss hearing 'Vira' from your mouth." she approaches me, and stand close.

"I miss you."

!Authors Note! 

Hey babes! If your reading this it means you've finished! Go get a drink of water or something and THANK YOU for reading it!!! I apologize for the typos but my Grammarly isn't working ;(

ANYWAY TYTY AND GOODNIGHT