𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡, 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐀 𝐑𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐎𝐧𝐞

Start from the beginning

"Tell him what? I'm confused,"

"Are you going to tell him you're lying?" Kenna blinks fast and hard, unable to comprehend what Ahsoka is saying.

"Lying? I'm not lying about anything-"

"Your relationship," Kenna's eyes widen in realisation. "I see that the plan didn't go well...did it?"

"I...How do you know?"

"I'm a Jedi Knight...how have you kept this hidden from him?"

"I...That plan failed a long time ago...I love this man with all my heart-"

"I believe that. I can sense your attachment to him...but are you ever going to tell him the real reason how you two met?"

"Never,"

"Why?" Kenna sits on a fallen tree and puts her face in her hands.

"He'll never forgive me...he'll never look at me the same," Ahsoka sighs and sits next to her.

"If your love is strong...then it won't matter. It is all in the past,"

"But it still happened," She responds sadly. "And it still hurts,"

"Yes, the past may hurt. But the way I see it...you can either run from it or confront it,"

"I can't..." She looks over where she sees the light. She sees his shadow moving around their makeshift campsite. "Our relationship will never be the same,"

"He'll find out eventually...the longer you keep it from him...the harder it will be for both of you," She takes her hand. "Kenna, tell him while I'm here...I can always take you in if it turns out bad...I don't want someone with your abilities to be stranded...I don't want to fail Helena," A tear falls from Kenna's eye. "Kenna...I'll be here for you. Just explain the threats you got and don't miss any information. Give him everything," Kenna nods.

"Stay here...please," She nods and stands while Kenna walks over to Din.

"Cyare," He greets and she can tell he was smiling. "Where's Ahsoka...? Are you...crying?" Kenna wipes her eyes but flinches when Din attempts to hug her. "Kenna? What's wrong?"

"I need...to tell you something," She motions for him to sit but he doesn't move.

"What is it?"

"I...haven't been fully honest with you..."

"What do you mean?"

"You know I love you Grogu so very much...I can't stand it if you were to die," He nods in understanding. "In the beginning...it was...it was set up," Din freezes as he straightens his back and looks down at Kenna.

"What?" This time, his voice is sharper and colder. Kenna looks at him with sadness.

"Please...just listen to me,"

"What is it, Kenna?" He spits out, his form towering hers.

"You were set up to meet me on Vordian. I was placed on that planet as a trap because you had the child," He steps back from her while narrowing his eyes. "I was told that if I didn't go there and get the child...the people I love will die," She takes a step forward to him but he steps away from her. "So my mission was to make you fall in love with me so I can take the child when you are most vulnerable,"

"You lying piece-"

"Listen to me!" She cries out and he scoffs.

"I think I've heard enough,"

"Listen to her," Ahsoka says from behind Kenna and Din folds his arms.

"If I didn't do it...everyone I loved and protected would die so I did it, I did it out of love for my friends...but then I fell in love with you! They were all killed because I fell for you before you fell for me!" Din doesn't move nor make a sound. "I fell in love with you the day before we left Sorgan, I know it was so soon but that is the day! That is why the bounty hunter came the next day because I confirmed I abort the mission and then...I fell in love with you,"