Endless Knots

I'm so pumped for our first class today, I woke up earlier than usual to curl my hair slightly, and put a little mascara on. I know I’ll most likely sweat it off, but hey, at least I’ll look decent at the beginning of class; even Claire put a little cover up on.

Walking in, my stomach was in knots I don't know why, I was just extremely nervous. The studio was particularly large and really nicely furnished and decorated. We quickly found the girls change room and got ready. 

"Are you sure I look ok?" Claire asks tugging at her dark red cropped halter top, that she matched with white shorts.

“Claire! You look fine! This is like the 10th time today you’ve asked me" I roll my eyes, and roll up the sleeves of my red fannel. I had on my favourite high waisted dance shorts, a black lace halter bralette with a red plaid flannel to cover up. Jen told us last night that we would need a more jazz/contemporary outfit for today, so this was the best we got.

"Should we just start stretching in one of the empty studio rooms?" I take a peak out of the change room looking at the closest studio. 

“Sure.” She releases a breath and follows me out of the room. 

We easily find the light switch, and this huge, and I mean huge dance room is lit up. I slowly make my way inside taking in every detail of the studio. Pearl white walls, making the room seem even bigger, full mirrors covering one wall, and a smooth, polished, slightly sprung wooden floor, perfect for jumps and turns. Claire walks passed me straight to the sound system instantly figuring out how to work it and plugging in her phone. Why aren’t Jen or the boys here yet? She did say 11 right? Or maybe it was 11:30. She left early, at around 6am this morning, giving us the time to meet at the studio, and money for a cab, but since it was so early there’s a major possibility I misheard her. 'Worth It' booms from the surround sound speakers interrupting my thoughts. 

After a long 20 minutes of warming up, stretching, and practising some technique, we have moved on to acro. My back has definitely lost a lot of flexibility, and I haven't practised many of my tricks in so long, I pray I didn't lose my front ariel. I take two runs and a hop forward, catch a glimpse of the floor, then suddenly I’m on my feet again. Thank gosh. 

Hoots and hollers come from the door, making me whip around. Cam and Jack were standing there cheering for me, I must admit, it feels pretty good. 

"Hey!" Claire greets as the boys walk to meet us. 

"Hey! You guys are amazing!" Cam compliments stressing ‘amazing.’

"Thanks" Claire and I say in unison. We give the other our best ugly face, acknowledging our unplanned twinning. 

"How long have you guys been here?" Jack furrows his eyebrows. 

"11. Isn't that the time we were supposed to be here?" I question

"No 11:30 we thought we would be early, you know, to stretch a little." He lunges out.

Oops my bad. 

"Ya, I would, but I'm not flexible nor do I know how to stretch. " Cam admits. 

"We'll teach you." Claire shrugs. 

 We lead them through a simplified version of our dance warm up , but it takes twice as long teaching them to properly stretch. Claire and I both couldn't help but crack up at how unflexible they were, Cameron really wasn't kidding. 

"I'm sorry I'm late!" Jen busts into the room juggling her phone, a notebook, keys, her purse and her shoes. 

"You know how bad LA traffic is. But come and sit, and we'll chat." She makes her way to the stereo. 

As we walk, she organizes her self then sits with us. 

"So I already told you who your partners are right?"

"Mm hm" I smile as Cameron puts his arm around me. The butterflies in my stomach start to flutter. I glance at Claire who's already a looking at me with a cheeky smile and an eyebrow raised. I retort with an eye roll.

"Perfect, get comfy with each other cause you will be spending lots of time together." Jen continues. 

We all just nod in response. Spend more time with them? I certainly do not object. 

“Also, since you boys haven't done much technical dancing were going to be using a lot of lifts and partner work.” 

Crap.

"Sweet!" Jack remarks high fiving Cam, whose arm is still around me. 

"So today I thought we would just play around with some lifts, see what we can do,and what we could work on.” 

I never was the skinniest in my class, I wasn't fat, I just wasn't as thin or as toned as some of the other girls. The question "how much do you weigh?" scared the crap out of me, and now the thought of Cameron not being able to lift me scares me even more. This could be bad. 

*** Woahh! Long time no update! Sorry about that, I have a lot of stuff on my plate at the moment, so I can't exactly be sure when my next update will be, but I will try my absolute hardest to get them out. Thanks for reading!! ***