Marinette remained silent, not knowing how to react.

"I pulled away as soon as she put her lips on mine, I swear! I screamed at her after that, because she knew I was with you. She just wanted me for my money. I'm so glad I have you, you love me for me." He rambled.

"It's fine, Kitty. You immediately pulled away and I know you would never cheat on me. I love you. I don't care about the money, even if you were homeless, I would still love you."

He chuckled. "Well, I technically am."

"And I love you."

"I love you too."

"But you have to talk to Ladybug, Kitty. You are partners. Let her explain. Maybe there was another explanation for everything."

"I know..." Chat Noir sighed. "I will. Tomorrow. I shouldn't have yelled at her without letting her explain. It just hurts, you know, when people only like you for your fame."

Marinette softly kissed his neck. "I understand. Now go sleep, Kitty."

"Sleep well, Princess."

"Sleep well."

❥ ❥ ❥

Hawkmoth laughed evilly.

He had just found out some crucial information.

He knew who Cat Noir's girlfriend was.

Marinette Dupain Cheng... He had seen her before, and Adrien told him about her once in a while.

He had the perfect plan to get the miraculous.

He detransformed and took his secret elevator back to his office. He immediately called Nathalie, who appeared at the door a few seconds later.

"Mister Agreste. You called me?"

"Yes, Nathalie. I have a plan. A brilliant plan."

Nathalie's eyebrows shot up and a smile appeared on her face. "What is it? Can I help?"

"One question at a time." He urged.

She immediately nodded in response. "Sorry, sir, I just have never seen you this excited before."

Gabriel looked up at the painting of his wife. "I'm going to bring her back. I'm sure of it. This plan can't fail. And I'll find Adrien back as well."

He glanced back at Nathalie and simply said one name. "Marinette."

Nathalie was confused. "Marinette? Adrien's friend?"

He nodded. "I found out that she's Cat Noir's girlfriend today. I was looking through Paris for the perfect akumatized villain because I was losing hope when I saw them together on a rooftop."

"So what is your plan, sir?" She questioned, unsure what he was suggesting.

"We'll kidnap her. Tonight."

Nathalie didn't know how she felt about the plan. She wanted to help Gabriel no matter what, but kidnapping someone... It felt so, so, so wrong. Akumatizing someone was less severe than kidnapping someone.

But she had to help him. She owed that to Gabriel and Emily, and also to sweet, innocent Adrien.

Tonight

❥ ❥ ❥

Marinette was in a deep slumber when she felt someone grabbing her head and pressing a cloth against her mouth.

She let out a yelp but it came out muffled.

After a few seconds, she was out of conscience.

Adrien stirred in his sleep but didn't wake up. He did miss the warmth of the girl behind him, but she was such a deep sleeper that he didn't wake up.

He also didn't notice that his ring was slipped off his finger.

Tikki also didn't awake when she didn't feel the warmth of Plagg anymore, who had disappeared because the ring was taken away from Adrien.

Hawkmoth grinned at the ring and then looked back at his son.

Mayura had already grabbed Marinette and was headed towards the mansion.

"You are worthless, Adrien. You lied to me and kept me from my dream. You're such a foolish boy. Thinking that what you were doing was right? Pathetic." He scoffed.

"And you had a girlfriend without me knowing? And you ran away from home? You're so disloyal. A traitor. Useless." He shook his head and his face had turned red in anger.

He turned away before heading after Mayura towards the mansion. He would just have to wait until Ladybug would show up and he would have won. It was two against one.

And Adrien would be devastated when he found out that Marinette was taken from him because of him.

It would work out perfectly.

And Adrien and Marinette were in some deep sh*t.

And they both didn't even know how bad it was.