Still, he couldn't help but smile fondly when the younger boy yawned widely, pawing adorably at his heavy eyelids, red-rimmed and swollen from crying. He scattered a few feather-light kisses across Harry's cheeks and his nose, making the omega giggle before he finally connected their lips in a soft, innocent kiss.

"I love you," Louis spoke reassuringly, the words tumbling straight into Harry's mouth before settling in his heavy heart. "I love you so, so much, and I'm always going to take care of you."

Harry nodded, a tiny smile finally finding its way onto his face. "I know."

"Good boy," the alpha told him fondly, knowing how much Harry needed to hear it after recalling the agonizing memories from that day. "My smart omega. My perfect, precious boy."

"I love you," Harry whispered, settling down against Louis's side and wrapping his arm around the older boy's stomach. He squeezed tightly. "I don't know what I would do without you."

Louis exhaled deeply, his hand naturally settling into the curve of Harry's waist. His eyes fell closed, and as sleep started to overtake him, he managed: "You won't ever have to find out."

/

"Stay safe, kids! Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" Niall called obnoxiously.

"Like you ever do anything!" Louis shot back. Harry smacked the alpha's arm to reprimand him even as he clapped his other hand over his mouth to muffle his laugh, and Niall gave them both the finger.

As soon as the other boys left, sliding the makeshift door shut behind them, all traces of humor faded from the cave. Harry had his body wrapped around Louis's in an instant, crowding the older boy's space. Louis shook his head fondly -- Harry was always more than eager -- and connected their lips, immediately taking control of the kiss. He nipped at Harry's lower lip just the way the omega liked, earning a gorgeous whine from Harry as a reward.

After a minute, Harry pulled back, resting his forehead against Louis's. "Fuck me hard," he begged breathlessly, his pupils dilated as he locked eyes with his alpha. "Please."

"What?" Louis quirked an eyebrow, clearly interested. "You want to play?"

Harry nodded eagerly, grinding his hips forward against Louis's. "Want to. Need to, alpha."

So, yeah, maybe they had gotten into some rough sex during their first year in the woods. It was really difficult living in such close quarters with the three other boys -- they had to suppress their own needs a lot of the time. Louis became even more irritable than usual, going off on Liam in particular about anything and everything. Harry often grew overwhelmingly stressed, edging a full-on drop from even the smallest things; sometimes, he just needed a hard, rough pounding from his alpha to push him over the edge. A safe, controlled drop let him release all of his stress at once, leaving him happy and sated and loose for days on end.

The first time that Harry dropped, Louis nearly passed out himself. They had only been in the woods for a few months, and Harry became obsessed with making the cave more like a home than a just hole in the mountain. He had worked himself into a frenzy; he barely ate, he barely slept, and no matter how much he accomplished, he still felt miserable.

Looking back, Harry could remember feeling so far from Louis, even as they slept on the same bed every night. They hadn't been intimate (beyond just heated kisses, some secret handjobs, and a few quick blowjobs) since before Harry's banishment, and their bond was suffering.

Louis had been just outside of the cave when it happened, trying to help Liam and Zayn fix the door. In fact, he had already been running in the door, the mark on his neck burning hot, when Niall shrieked, "Louis!"