𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟻

Start from the beginning

"Oh, no thanks Hyuka.."
But then his stomach made an obvious rumble and the boy couldn't help but fold his arms over his lower body, embarrassed.

The whole table made a trading grin, Kai picked up a little piece of his dish with his chopsticks then directed it to Taehyun's mouth "Don't be difficult Hyun~"

But the blonde shot his head sideways "I don't want it." He actually doesn't want to be a bother.
Hyeongjun and Heeseung looked at each other before nodding with a smirk. Taehyun who was sat between the two suddenly burst out laughing, since they began tickling his sides.

Huening took that opportunity and shovelled a bite of tteokbokki into Taehyun's briefly opened mouth. The other frowned since he said he didn't want any, but after chewing it down he slowing directed his hands to his own face and cupped it. "This is the best thing I've ever eaten."

"You can have more!!" Huening Kai happily proposed. The slightly older broke his facade and rapidly nodded with his mouth open like a puppy.

Yuna rested her chin on her hand "Oh cute.." after hearing that, Kai briefly glanced at her then he went back to Taehyun. She let out a suspicious smirk that everyone failed to notice..

~

Meanwhile,

"Soobin! For the last time, I don't like him" Beomgyu really tried to make that clear but the blue-haired wouldn't give in. "And besides.." he continued "We just met—"

"I'll stop you right there." Soobin said "You apparently already knew him, Yeonjun told me when we left you guys that time" Beomgyu immediately turned to the aforementioned in disbelief "What..."

Yeonjun visibly looked unhappy but he couldn't deny what Soobin had said "Have you forgotten?" He asked in a bitter voice.

Flashback from a few months ago

"Yeonjun do you want to go to the mall? There's this shop that just opened and I want to check it out together"

The aforementioned looked back at the blue-haired "But Soobin, I'm going to meet up with my friend at the library right now"

"Let's go tomorrow then!" Soobin insisted

Yeonjun made a piteous smile at him "But I already had plans with Beomgyu..."

"Oh.." Soobin looked down at the pavement, he was tired, tired of always being put last. All he wants is to be one of Yeonjun's priorities, sometimes he wonders if the pink-haired even likes him at all.

"Ah the library is right ahead"
Yeonjun remarked as he saw the building, he pats the younger's shoulder "See you on Monday!"

Soobin forced a smile "Bye..." he slowly opened his arms wanting to hug the older, but the latter already left. The blue-haired stayed still, upset. A tear threatened to roll down his cheek, but he kept it in. 'Just keep smiling and it'll be okay'

~

Yeonjun opened the door to the library, he loves going here with his friend to study and sometimes fetch some nice comics, novels or mangas. The last time they met up at that library was a month ago. But they still hung out outside of it. Yeonjun sits at this one table with his guy friend who would always come in advance. So he started looking for him.

But he instead perceived someone quite unexpected. Beomgyu was sitting at a table, reading what seems to be an animal book, judging from the front cover.

Yeonjun hurried to him in confusion but also in thrill to see him "Beom—"

Beomgyu hastily pulled him down on a seat next to him "SHHH!!" He then hid both of their faces behind his big animal book "Quiet..!" He whispered.

Yeonjun played along as he said in a low voice "Why are we whispering?"

"First off we're in a library. Secondly.. well he might see or hear us if we don't!"

"Who?"

Beomgyu took a deep breath "There's this boy I like.. Remember when I told you that..?"

Yeonjun's heart started beating fast. Both of their heads were forcibly hidden behind the book, so there was naturally this certain closeness between their faces. And truth is, he has a crush on Beomgyu.

And he indeed remembers when Beomgyu had come up to him and revealed that he felt attracted to a male.

That stirred Yeonjun's curiosity since the younger one never actually said a name and was a blushing mess. He also felt really happy, not only because Beomgyu liking boys has always been his dream, but also because he deeply hoped that this boy was him. That Beomgyu had indirectly confessed his feelings for the pink-haired.

The brunette's hand was resting on the table and Yeonjun covered it with his own "Yes I remember.. well..?" He stared at him with sparkling eyes, full of positive expectations.

"Well he's right there!" Beomgyu quickly pointed at someone in a distance then hid his face that flushed up in the matter of a second behind the book, leaving Yeonjun's face exposed.

It took a while for Yeonjun to process what the heck just happened but as he slowly looked up, it felt like all his hopes had crashed before him like bricks. He saw Taehyun sitting at a distance, seemingly doing some homework. And the thing that put Yeonjun in complete despair is that Taehyun, is the friend that he originally planned to meet up with to study.
"You.." words could barely come out "You like him...?"

Beomgyu dug his face in the open animal book started mumbling a long ramble "Yes... I came to this library some time ago to fetch a book for someone. When I saw the book and put my hand on it, he had also put his at the same time. Our fingers touched and when we looked up at each other, he smiled at me and gestured that I could have the book. We exchanged a few words and then he left."

"Everything about him was so perfect and pretty, especially his eyes, have you seen his eyes??" Beomgyu felt like swooning at the memory, the sight of his doe purplish-blue eyes that he immediately got lost in "He was so kind too... He also said that he works here part-time. So I came back to this library the next day, in hopes to see him again and he was there! But I felt too shy to approach him so I sat at a table nearby to read. I don't think we're in the same college so I've been coming here just to see him and I get to read some books as well, like this animal one. It's fascinating."

Yeonjun was at a complete loss for words, his crush is crushing on his friend? What the hell is this situation...
"I.. That's my friend Taehyun... Are you for real..?"

'Taehyun?' Beomgyu dreamily sighed but then shot his stare at the older after registering what he said, he whispered with wide eyes "You know him..!?" He put his palms together and begged "Oh please Yeonjun introduce me to him.. Please I'll do anything you want..!"

With a blank expression on his face, Yeonjun got up and trudged to his friend, aka his now former friend.

────💔────